Author: SEARU

What is ‘army’ in your language? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-16 23:31:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-11 21:53
Is this meant to be a joke, SEARU? You can't ossibly believe what you wrote!

To sell, sold, sold  ...

1250-1300; Middle English souldiour < Old French soudier, so(l)dier,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-17 14:09:23 |Display all floors
ConfuciusPhD Post time: 2017-12-16 23:31
1250-1300; Middle English souldiour < Old French soudier, so(l)dier,

Thanks for your reaction to my writing first!
I think we are allowed to have different view on the same issue that may be right or wrong! Sometime just for your laughing!   For an example:
One english word ‘pest’ sounds  like Chinese saying ‘拍死它(pai-si-ta)’(Pat it to death!)----------Yes, Harmful worms are worth your such dealing!
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-17 22:31:23 |Display all floors
师 minus one stroke is 帅 which means 'commander‘ or 'handsome’!
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-18 15:21:52 |Display all floors
In the modern era, we call military troop as '部队’---------How to understand 部?
立(standing), 口(mouth or man)and the third part of 部 is ear.  So 部 is a group of people standing over there whose ears are ready for listening to your order!

It is interesting for that in Chinese there is another word so similar to it! ---------陪(accompany) emphasizes ear while 部 mainly refers to man!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.