Author: SEARU

How to make Chinese language more powerful? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-3 08:34:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-3 07:54
Read my post again! You did not copy my words accurately.

And give my suggestion some thought!

I have done something waiting for editor‘s approval and I would study more about your lighting idea!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-3 10:08:19 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-3 08:34
I have done something waiting for editor‘s approval and I would study more about your lighting id ...

My point is: 26 letters can do much more than 56'000 characters. More importantlyh: Roman letters can be used universally, Chinese characters have a limited usefulness. That's not saying they are useless, but they seriously limit the Chinese people's world view.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-3 20:59:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-3 10:08
My point is: 26 letters can do much more than 56'000 characters. More importantlyh: Roman letter ...

I am afraid that any foreign letters would not directly used for Chinese-character-components in large-scale!
Please let me think in this way:
Why Chinese language seems act shabby compared with the powerful English? The bottom reason may be that Chinese have been in the poor speaking-writing style for so long! --------------Students are not allowed to  use the language-tool as freely as they wish in class; TV and radios always repeat the same sentences such as advertising programs! Kids are encouraged to memorize a lot of texts without any one-word-error although they could not fully understand the meaning! -------Let alone some textbooks are poorly editted in complicated way!

Language is the power-motor for the train of culture that should work effectively without too much limitation!

In general,Chinese-language itself  has no problem if we could teach and use it in a scientific way just as foreigners do!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-3 22:05:45 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-3 20:59
I am afraid that any foreign letters would not directly used for Chinese-character-components in l ...

You said yourself somewhere that the Chinese script acts like a cage to your thoughts - you memorise whole idioms to convey certain ideas (for example). How can you overcome the use of the same old-fashioned idioms if you stick to the same script with its thousands of characters?

Look at Japan to see a nation that embarked upon a novel way. I am no expert on Japanese but I can easily see what advantage the adoption of the Latin alphabet as an extension to the traditional Chinese characters has over the use of Chinese characters only. You have to recycle the same worn characters to give meaning to completely new ideas, concepts, products or names. But with Roman letters you can adopt new concepts along with new words to name them. This could unleash thought processes that currently are arrested. The Japanese have become more creative since they adopted the ABC.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-4 00:08:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-3 22:05
You said yourself somewhere that the Chinese script acts like a cage to your thoughts - you memori ...

I could understand your meaning but that would be risky or impossible to make a complicated medical operation with the system-body of Chinese characters! ---------Our mainland China had experienced revolutionary-change to the words after liberation with most of them had been simplified and Pin-Yin used for pronunciation,furthermore the popularity of Mandarin has cost dozens of years within the  whole country.
----------There is an ugly phenomenon in Chinese schools:Students always have a headache when they are ask to write a composition!  The poor kids often do the job with flowery words from the so-called model-compositions written by others whose articles are mostly going in an unusual way which do not reflect their true thinking,who seem like filling a bracket with enough words!

On the contrast,foreign counterparts accept new accept after once reading of the text and then express the comprehension in their own words with enough experiments or debating with others! -------Who work as master of the business instead of slaves!

So teaching and learning should go in logical way with all people freely use the tool of language!
Strange education means weakness to civilization!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-4 06:09:06 |Display all floors
Stop using the ideographic characters (except for high culture). Convert to pinyin for ordinary use. That's the only way to make Mandarin a globally-used language like English. People will not waste time and effort to learn thousands of characters.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-4 12:26:20 |Display all floors
Sorry to say, it is so hard to understand you because your style of English is not like what we are used to.  I am attracted to your topic, but got to give up after a while because I can't follow your argument. Where did you lern your English from?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.