Author: SherrySongSHSF

Migrant workers leave Beijing in droves amid evictions enacted following fire [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-27 12:42:55 |Display all floors

It's not enough to lift more people out of poverty than the nation numbers citizens; the lifters should also provide decent enough and safe housing units and work places.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 21:48:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Liononthehunt at 2017-11-27 23:26

It is actually long overdue substandard housing being torn down.

However, it appears that the municipal government is driving out migrant workers and people engaging in low-incomes blue-collar work who happen to take lodging at those places.

Much depends on how you spin the incident, is it right for the government to turn a blind eye to the deplorable living conditions of the tenants, and subject them to the risk of fire or other safety hazards? I don't think so.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-2 08:24:29 |Display all floors
I thought the government was supposed to be doing more to help migrant workers. That plan is working out really well, isn't it.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.