Author: ceciliazhang

Victoria’s Secret models’ visa denial is of their own making [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-22 16:44:21 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-22 09:50
Sorry Sunshine, but Human Rights, including Freedom of Expression, know no political boundaries. T ...

sfphoto doesn't understand that people like the two women who have been denied a Chinese visa are totally at liberty - as long as they are on home turf - to have a personal opinion on just about any topic, as do all people in the world except those whose minds have been appropriated by their rulers. But this is too sophisticated a blief to enter sfphoto's strictly disciplined and mindset.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-22 16:46:49 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-22 12:25
So are you implying that Russian officials have the human right to "freedom of expression" by using ...

I for example have no difficulty in accepting Russian attempts at influencing the outcome of any u.s. American elections. If U.S. America does it in foreign parts then why shouldn't foreign parts do the same in the U.S.A.?
It's up to the U.S. voters to ignore or to listen to such interlopers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 17:42:09 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-22 13:37
I don't know what he implies, but I'll chip in by saying that in my opinion Yes, it is their right ...

Then tell that to the U.S. Democratic Party and Ms. Hillary R. Clinton, both of whom believe that the alleged Russian attempts to interfere in the 2016 Presidential Elections invalidates the election of President Donald J. Trump. The U.S. Democratic Party has already filed an impeachment case against President Trump while Ms. Clinton has publicly questioned the legitimacy of the election results.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 18:12:10 |Display all floors
Don't know how I can sleep tonight after  being burdened so with such a monumental tragedy,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-23 08:12:19 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-22 12:25
So are you implying that Russian officials have the human right to "freedom of expression" by using ...

I'm not implying that whatsoever.

Freedom of Expression: The right to express one's ideas and opinions freely through speech, writing, and other forms of communication but without deliberately causing harm to others' character and/or reputation by false or misleading statements.

What the Russians did was not Freedom of Expression. It was a deliberate attempt to influence the outcome of an election, which, in the US is known, I believe, as Tampering with the Electoral Process.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-23 10:08:51 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-22 17:42
Then tell that to the U.S. Democratic Party and Ms. Hillary R. Clinton, both of whom believe that  ...

Those impeachment demands have nothing to do with Russians using social media (mostly in legitimate ways) to try to influence the election.

You are confusing two different things.

Freedom of expression in USA does not extend to a presidential candidate's inner circles to have secret meetings with Russians to acquire information that could damage the other candidate's chances. That would be more about issues like spying and leaking information, and relevant laws.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-23 14:23:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-11-23 15:01
Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-23 10:08
Those impeachment demands have nothing to do with Russians using social media (mostly in legitimat ...

The whole Russia-gate investigation revolves around the question of whether the Trump Campaign conspired with Russian officials to influence the public into voting against Clinton during the elections. Any US citizen or US organization run by US citizens have the political right to participate in the electoral process, from media campaigns, political conventions, fundraising efforts, all the way to voting their candidates to elective office but foreign citizens and foreign organizations run by foreign citizens don't have such political rights.

In other words, "freedom of expression" in US politics is a political right that applies only to US citizens or US organizations run by US citizens, as promulgated by the First Admendment of the US Constitution.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.