Author: ceciliazhang

Victoria’s Secret models’ visa denial is of their own making [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-22 09:47:16 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-21 11:24
Edward Snowden expressed himself freely and now he is in exile in Russia.
I guess the same holds t ...

I wouldn't know. I'm not an American.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 09:50:45 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-21 16:27
As a foreigner, Kate Perry is not entitled to political rights under the Chinese Constitution which ...

Sorry Sunshine, but Human Rights, including Freedom of Expression, know no political boundaries. They are Universal. Except in China, where the citizens are "guaranteed" human rights, but nobody actually gets them.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 09:52:39 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-21 18:14
Same thing applies to the USA. Mexican farm-workers, Canadian visitors, Asian H1-B professionals,  ...

But ... they have the freedom to express their opinions without getting sanctioned. Not so in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 09:53:39 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-22 09:33
In western democracies there is a difference between formal political rights (such as voting or  ...

Freedom of Expression is not a political right. It's a Human Right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 10:49:51 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-22 09:53

Yes, but what you are expressing with that freedom may be considered either political or non-political.

China (like most countries - also in west) have local restrictions on excercising political rights, and in China (unlike western democracies), expression of political views is included in that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 12:25:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-11-22 12:46
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-22 09:53

So are you implying that Russian officials have the human right to "freedom of expression" by using social media to influence the 2016 US Presidential Elections as alleged by the Russia-gate investigators?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-22 13:37:02 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-22 12:25
So are you implying that Russian officials have the human right to "freedom of expression" by using ...

I don't know what he implies, but I'll chip in by saying that in my opinion Yes, it is their right.

However, if it includes use of fake profiles, fake news, or other kind of aggressive propaganda, then it may be against some laws in USA.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.