Author: ceciliazhang

Are Chinese students falling out of love with US universities? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-27 07:15:19 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2017-11-26 16:42
….Do you know how dangerous it is visiting Mexico, Venezuela, Honduras, San Salvador, Peru?....

Sure, Mexico is very safe for rats like you, but it isn't for its human citizens, and by extrapolation I conclude it isn't safe for foreign visitors. How many people get killed every single day? I forgot but it is many times the number that gets killed in the U.S.A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 20:50:31 |Display all floors
In all fairness, the postgraduate education in the US is still pretty good, and A-class students from China would be exposed to vanguard academic programs, sophisticated research facilities, and mingle with talented people from all over the world.  

However, its undergraduate education is much less disciplined, just like its elementary and high schools.  
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-28 05:09:15 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-27 20:50
In all fairness, the postgraduate education in the US is still pretty good, and A-class students fro ...

I agree with you that for certain US universities with the best PhD programs in the world, then they're worth the time, money and effort for Chinese graduate students to attend. But for undergraduate programs such as business management or for graduate programs such as MBA, there is no need for Chinese undergraduate students to spend all those time, money and effort to attend a US university because Chinese universities already offers those courses which are more relevant to China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.