Author: dostoevskydr

When China Leads [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-18 20:54:41 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-18 18:04
Good one.

By the way, who ever in his or her right mind would say "Aren't I" ? As the joke goe ...

Hahaha! Your school English is on collision course with normal spoken English. Not for the first time...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-18 22:54:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-18 20:54
Hahaha! Your school English is on collision course with normal spoken English. Not for the firs ...

Oh, you learned it in the skid row in South Africa, you may not know the word ain't.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-18 23:12:38 |Display all floors

do you know the mindset of hating rich?
nobody hopes other has surpassed selves.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-11-19 13:05:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-18 20:53
Well, Dottore: do you  have any idea as to HOW MANY PEOPLE actually can READ, like read the news m ...

Did you really understand Post # 33 ?
Let us have a look once more :

You Post # 17: "We can read all these appetizing news in the official media that toe the Party's propaganda line."
Me Post # 27
You Post # 28 :I include You in My "We" ...
Me Post# 33: "Speculation - I was referring to your "generous inclusion" in  "We can read all these appetizing news in the official media that toe the Party's propaganda line."
I do not "read", I write.............

Read " I write..." with reference to the context of bold text(quoted above) in your post #17

" I write in the media"....................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-19 15:47:03 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-18 22:54
Oh, you learned it in the skid row in South Africa, you may not know the word ain't.

But I learnt it whereas some such as you never really do...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-19 15:55:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abcfirst at 2017-11-19 15:56

THE THUCYIDIDES TRAP IS NOT A TRAP, BUT AN UNPALATABLE TRUTH.

Sorry, Kevin, the West never will accept a world led by China, regardless of the lip service everyone pays to trying to transform every dispute into a win-win scenario, which Trump could accept only if it means, "I win more than what you win".  Get it?

Take the Malthusian perspective of Agenda 21, with gnawing poverty, illness, and violence lying at the bottom of the pyramid of power, who wants to be the one who wins the least, even if it he or she is still a winner in some way?

The Thucydides Trap is not an accident or an artifact, but an inherent part of human reality, and when China does not prepare to face the so-called "Trap" of Thucydides, instead of getting ready on all fronts to face the coming waves of aggression and siege that Trump envisions as inevitable toward the realization of one's manifest destiny, it would literally be a sitting duck, worse yet, one set on a plate, well-cooked.

Deng's adage is not dead, to lie low and never seek to lead.

The best way to lead is not to seek the accommodation of all parties to one's vision, but to be prepared for all scenarios, with a freedom of action that comes from a sufficiency of resources and surplus of strength.

For example, if China had enough independence of resources and degree of power, it could have just told North Korea to denuclearize, and Trump, to pivot away from Asia into the Pacific, and the result would have been peace and prosperity for all.  That would have been a win for all, not just China.  But lacking the power of Sparta, Athens cannot implement a fair solution that all parties will accept, whether they like it or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-19 16:00:55 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-11-19 13:05
Did you really understand Post # 33 ?
Let us have a look once more :

Yes, I did understand - you COMPOSE (write) official stuff (such as propaganda, or sometimes your pithy comments on other posters' writings in the forum [ but we readers ALSO WRITE. Or don't I? This forum is composed of JOURNALISTS (such as you ) and reader-writers like everyone else.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.