Jessiewow Post time: 2017-11-14 09:21
I am proud of my motherland.

So am I.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-13 19:50
Maybe not.

Maybe this century will not last long enough to turn 100 if Kim Jong-un and Donald T ...

"At the recent 19th CPC Congress, President Xi Jinping outlined China’s rather modest objectives: to become “a moderately prosperous country” and a “fully modern” economy and society by 2035 and “a global leader of composite national strength and international influence” by 2050."

Use magic tools Report

dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-11-14 11:47
"At the recent 19th CPC Congress, President Xi Jinping outlined China’s rather modest objectives: ...

"On the other hand, Trump’s ‘America First’ slogan is a signal of a determination to win back the economic, political and strategic pre-eminence which the US enjoyed over the last 70 years. Trump’s ‘ideologue’, Steve Bannon, (out of office but still influential), sees China as “the greatest -term threat to the US”. He said: “We have to reassert ourselves as the real Asian power....”

Use magic tools Report

dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-11-14 11:48
"On the other hand, Trump’s ‘America First’ slogan is a signal of a determination to win back t ...

"Fortunately, Trump has so far stepped back from his campaign denunciations of China and erosion of the ‘One China’ policy and focused instead on securing Chinese cooperation to confront the North Korean nuclear threat and to redress the Sino-US trade ‘imbalance’. However, Trump may be disappointed if these aims are not achieved in the near term. This could lead to a more confrontational course, especially since even his ‘grown-up’ advisers, like Defence Secretary Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, see China more as a rival than a partner and have outlined policies to contain, and if needed, to confront it."

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-11-14 11:48
"On the other hand, Trump’s ‘America First’ slogan is a signal of a determination to win back t ...

You can denounce Donald Trump's nationalist rhetorics but China's is not very different and in fact its goals cannot be achieved unless China can exploit other nations for its own advancement. It is in its historic expansionist mood again, and it rides roughshod over treaties and legal obstacles that others erected to maintain a level playing area. China does not play fair but it insists that others do... Where is the difference between the U.S.A. and China's behaviour?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-11-14 11:46
"China has so far risen peacefully. Over 40 years, the US and China have developed an interdepende ...

Really? It has?

I know it has "risen" but I do not know if that has been "peaceful". I keep hearing of unpeaceful notes in the symphony.

Use magic tools Report

I would assume the Chinese are wise enough to understand the pitfalls of world 'leadership.'

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.