Views: 96|Replies: 0

A Little Light Philosophy [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-11-12 09:18:07 |Display all floors

Interesting:

From the Christian Faith: a phrase from English translations of a line of the Bible; Genesis 1:3.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

From the Sikh Faith: From the Shabad

"Awal Allah noor upaya,kudrat ke sab bandey"
Translation: First, Allah created the Light; then, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings.

"Ek Noor te sab jag upjya,kaun bhaley, kau mandey?"
Translation: From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad?"

From our current scientific understanding of nature in Quantum Physics.

All matter in the universe in its ultimate form is energy. The purest form of energy is light radiation. For every particle, there exists an anti-particle which if it met, they would both combine to form pure light energy. In fact, it is observed that light often splits into a particle and its anti-particle (commonly an electron and a positron) which exist alongside for a very brief time before combining back to form light that keeps propagating. All matter in the universe is believed to arise from one common spot of energy in which light forms one of the earliest component, which spread, split and filled space-time with what we see as the living universe today.

While I don't accept or take many religious scriptures as literal truths and many have been shown to be untrue, I found it immensely interesting that texts written many centuries and millenia before modern scientific discoveries seem to capture and state things so simply and briefly. Future discoveries have not contradicted these statements.

Copyright (c) KIyer 2017
All rights reserved
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.