Author: _X__

I am GLAD God Does Not Exist!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-27 15:10:05 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2017-11-27 06:15
Firstly, you have to question the existence of the "physical realm"..... time/space itself is susp ...

Democritus was a man beyond his time when he thought of the theory of atom a few centuries BC. Although some people thinks that he was more philosophical than scientific, it was still quite impressive. The Atomic theory was expanded only much later during the 19th century. That is what I found out after some reading. Incidentally, he existed at a time when great philosophers and thinkers were around in Greece.

[quote]"If you want to know the world, first know yourself. For you create the only world you will ever know." Said a wise man. So is the World "out there" or within? That is the question./quote]

It is not easy to understand a quote unless the context is made known. Anyway, my guess is that this wise man is pointing to our inner self or conscience. This conscience is the link to the realm beyond our known physical world. Is that your point?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-11-27 20:04:37 |Display all floors
"It is the tragedy of the world that no one knows what he doesn't know - and the less a man knows, the more sure he is that he knows everything."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 23:41:01 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-11-27 15:10
Democritus was a man beyond his time when he thought of the theory of atom a few centuries BC. Alt ...

There is no proof that the world we perceive is not an illusion. Moreover, each one of us perceives a different world, our cognitive process is very subjective. We communicate in symbols, whose meaning is only an
approximation agreed by convention. Do we actually see the same colours or shapes? There can be no proof that we do.
A vivid dream sometimes surpasses reality, but we wake up to realise it was a dream. Who is to say, that it was not the dream that was real, and and our waking state the dream?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-28 17:06:59 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2017-11-27 23:41
There is no proof that the world we perceive is not an illusion. Moreover, each one of us perceive ...

My reply did not get through.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-29 03:27:01 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-11-28 17:06
My reply did not get through.

It might eventually.... my replies have to undergo verification. I shall wait.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-29 06:27:30 |Display all floors

You got that right!

There ain't no such thing as IDEOLOGY in the heart & soul of Colonialist-turned Capitalist Imperialism, other than chasing and following the self-interest of greed & extraction of great wealth.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-29 06:45:23 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-11-27 20:04
"It is the tragedy of the world that no one knows what he doesn't know - and the less a man knows, t ...

Some people manage to turn the tragedy of their ignorance into a lifelong state of bliss.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.