Author: senoritazhao

Trump’s granddaughter applauded by Chinese netizens [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-12 12:19
A little girl being used as a political tool.

Used by whom?

Who supplied the media tool to air it in China?

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by pnp at 2017-11-13 12:43
emanreus Post time: 2017-11-11 19:09
True, English is not native language for Chinese students in Hing Kong.
But it should be, being a ...

"On the Mainland, they overtook their southern island for quiet a while  regarding english fluency."

Really?  Who on the Mainland have you been talking to?  My personal encounters telll me otherwise.  
Anyway, people in Hong Kong don't speak fluent English either, despite the island being a British colony for more than 100 years, simply because their main dialect is Cantonese and they use that everywhere and everyday, even in official communications, and even in the Legislative Assembly!
How can they ever be fluent in English when their daily tool of communication is Cantonese?

Use magic tools Report

pnp Post time: 2017-11-13 12:42
"On the Mainland, they overtook their southern island for quiet a while  regarding english fluency. ...

I don't agree with you on that one.
Take the Swedes, Danes, Dutch or Austrians for an example.
None of them are native English speakers, but they're way ahead of of Cantonese speakers.
After all, for a century and half, Hong Kong was an English Colony. I would expect better results.
Hong Kong is registering a 54.29 score, good for 30th on the list -- below Spain, Bulgaria, Italy, South Korea and France
Even more surprisingly, when you actually break down China into different cities, provinces and regions, Shanghai comes out on top with a 55.54 score. After Hong Kong, Beijing places third at 53.49, then comes Taiwan and Tianjin.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

emanreus Post time: 2017-11-12 19:14
Used by whom?

Who supplied the media tool to air it in China?

Creating the tool and displaying it are two different things my friend.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.