Author: serenades

Do you think Chinese is a ‘super-hard language’?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-11 06:26:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-10 20:57
You are like an eel eating itself from its tail end.

Anyway, my posts are categorical: your be ...

If you still have a comprehension problem, simply provide your answer in the following format:

Name of book or writings in Chinese = ?
Name of foreign author for the same = ?

Don't beat around the bush to hide your lack of accurate knowledge. The purpose is to locate them or photocopies thereof, in some library, including the British Library , Russel Square, London.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-11 09:48:36 |Display all floors
ngajia Post time: 2017-11-11 06:26
If you still have a comprehension problem, simply provide your answer in the following format:

Na ...

You are worse than an eel eating itself up - you think backwar, sideward and upward all in one attempt and fail at every one of them.

You asked for NAMES, and I provided NAMES of European Jesuits that taught the Chinese mandarins astronomy, Aristotles and maths, and no doubt many other things.

May I suggest you repair your attic?

Because it malfunctions, you know. If, as you insinuated, I have "comprehension problems", I suggest you not ask me to answer your queries.

The only way for you to prove anything is to come up with the names of authorities who invalidate my statement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-11 09:50:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-11 09:48
You are worse than an eel eating itself up - you think backwar, sideward and upward all in one a ...

Even Chinese history books mention the Jesuits as transmitters of Western knowledge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-11 12:04:14 |Display all floors
You still dodge answering a simple question:

Name of of book or writings in Chinese = ?
Name of foreign author for the same.   = ?

Why ?
The crow hopes to be mistaken for a nightingale unless it opens its mouth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-11 16:24:07 |Display all floors
ngajia Post time: 2017-11-11 12:04
You still dodge answering a simple question:

Name of of book or writings in Chinese = ?

Zou are constantly moving the goalposts. Zou are INSINCERE.

The Jesuits did not PUBLISH TRANSLATIONS IN CHINA. They translated works into Chinese for the mandarins. What the mandarins did with these translations - who knows?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-12 13:57:57 |Display all floors
The Chinese are not helpful at all; they don't help foreigners to read their public signs which are all in Chinese.  If they had added the corresponding hanyu pinyin, TOGETHER WITH THE TONES, to the signs, it would have been helpful.  
Some signs do have hanyu pinyin, but without the tones they are meaningless, as Chinese is a tonal language and the meaning depends on the tone.  So, please add the tones to all hanyu pinyin!!  It is as simple as adding 1, 2, 3 or 4 behind each pinyin to represent the tones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-11-10 10:50
Actually, most HK residents felt a compulsion to learn English when Britain was still the ruler  ...

And the South China Morning Post, one of the oldest English newspapers, is now controlled by Jack Ma of Alibaba fame, also of the Mainland.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.