Post time 2017-11-10 15:18:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2017-11-10 17:20

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-11-10 15:19:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2017-11-10 17:21
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-10 00:47
He's an ordinary elite born with a silver foot in his mouth.
If you want to worship him that's you ...

What exactly did you do Robert? Did you worship Clinton?

Are you capable of seeing something in between worship and blind hate of a politician?
Something on the lines of - I can agree with this person on some issues and disgree on others? Can you possibly get your head around the fact that a person may have qualities you admire and you are not obliged to worship them? Can you imagine people choosing the vote for the best candidate in their opinion among what is on offer?

Anyway, in what passes for and under the name of 'Democracy' in the USA - 'Demcracy with American characteristics', I see that about 63 million people did their civic duty and voted for who they thought was the better candidate - Trump, among the only ones on offer?  A greater number voted for Clinton believing the same.

They loved their country enough and more than blindly hate someone to actually make their contribution to elect a person who they thought was better. What did you do?
Did you vote at all? Did you worship Clinton or someone else? What exactly did you do?
Are you still waiting for your ideal candidate to be born or drop down from somewhere (since I don't think you believe in Heaven)? Tell us, please!

It is the good fortune for the USA that there were suffcient people who went out and voted and followed a process, even if it is not perfect, They followed the law and tried to do their best. I would even respect a person who voted sincerely believing Clinton was a better candidate (even if I disagree with their opinion on Clinton). I would respect them acting practically, doing their best under the circumstances rather than only complain and moan and declare someone is not perfect. I think even American Democracy needs voting action to function as well as it can.

What exactly did you do Robert?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.