Author: robert237

What is citizen Trump's "rosebud"? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-11-7 13:12:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2017-11-8 17:23

I suppose you are like a lot of USAnians who are conditioned by media and cannot recognise a good political leader if he came in an unfamiliar package. You perhaps  cannot make a sensible decision to support the better candidate in an election. Trump was not running for the post of Pope or Saint or local church group or baby-sitter based on a comment he made to someone in private over a decade ago. The USA is not exactly full of perfectly spoken saints running for political office that one is spoiled for choice. The alternatives were clearly worse going by their political or personal actions! This is the version of Democracy available in the USA. It is creditable that 63 million wised up and did something practical instead of only complaining.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2017-11-7 15:38:18 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2017-11-6 21:12
I suppose you are like a lot of USAnians who are conditioned by media and cannot recognise a good po ...

I know a game show host when I see one.

Besides, the huckster garnered approx. 3,000,000 fewer votes than Clinton.
What does that tell you about American democracy and it's antiqued constitution?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 16:00:13 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-7 17:38
I know a game show host when I see one.

Besides, the huckster garnered approx. 3,000,000 fewer ...

I certainly think you are right about the majority being against Trump and I note you are too. I note a reflexive cynicism at not being able to see the game show host in a different role. It is your conditioning not Trump's. The MSM has programmed most people to not think much  but react.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 16:03:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2017-11-7 18:21

I think Trump represents (very well IMO) a certain section of the USA who have woken up to the corruption and are determined to do their bit in changing it. They lucked out with enough of them to get a start.  The road will be long and difficult - the battle has only begun.  No guarantees who prevails,  but I reckon Trump has more support than anyone acknowledges. Good for the USA.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 16:07:51 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2017-11-7 00:00
I certainly think you are right about the majority being against Trump and I note you are too. I n ...

Are you trying to tell me that Trump doesn't react to those against him?
No president of the US has resorted to using "tweets".
That's because Trump can't write more than a few dozen words on his own
and they are almost always reactionary and vitriolic.
What about his appointees over the past 10 months?
Most of them have heard the game show words he knows all too well, "You're fired!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 16:24:50 |Display all floors
Trump''s reactions are apt and great. His thinking is at least two steps ahead of his detractors. They fail to see the real picture for their distraction with Trump's appearance and personality. He is the perfect face of a deep movement for change in the USA. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the people and thinking he represents.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-9 22:47:37 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2017-11-7 00:24
Trump''s reactions are apt and great. His thinking is at least two steps ahead of his detractors. Th ...

He's an ordinary elite born with a silver foot in his mouth.
If you want to worship him that's your decision.
Not that of the majority of voters in America.
3,000,000 fewer popular votes than Clinton.
How can you explain that as being a democracy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.