Views: 596|Replies: 15

What is citizen Trump's "rosebud"? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2017-11-6 17:18:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2017-11-6 01:22

I watch a classic Amerian movie today (for about the 10th time in my life), Citizen Kane. An undeniable American classic.
It reminded me so much of president Trump except the young child in the move (citizen Kane) wasn't born with a silver spoon
in his mouth. It was thrust down upon Kane when he was a very young boy while enjoying playing in the snow in
front of his lower middle class family. The mother thougt it best to shove he silver spoon down his throut to
the young child's and his father's strong objections. Kane went on to become something of a Trump.
No real convictions and only a bitter taste in his mouth from having his joyful childhood stripped from his life.
This lasted his whole lifetime masked by excessive spending, frivilous ventures, and a very unhappy late life.

Since Trump had the sliver spoon in hsi mouth since birth does he still have a "rosebud"?

You'll understand if you watch the movie.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-11-7 09:45:44 |Display all floors
I admire Trump for removing the silver spoon he might have inherited and choosing to undergo all the public attacks and attempts to humiliate him - in trying to bring about change in a corrupt and flawed system in his country. His motivations and actions in public life are the best I have seen in an USA President.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 10:41:56 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2017-11-6 17:45
I admire Trump for removing the silver spoon he might have inherited and choosing to undergo all the ...

So you prefer mudslinging and insults to adversaries than compromise and understanding.
Trump cannot even decide if he should distance himself to the KKK, one of his most ardent
support groups.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 11:32:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2017-11-7 13:33
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-7 12:41
So you prefer mudslinging and insults to adversaries than compromise and understanding.
Trump cann ...

I like Trump's appoach and response to others' mudslinging. He effectively gives them a dose of their own medicine.  I have not seen or heard him start the mudslinging or talk badly about a individual who talks decently and polietly to Trump themselves.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 11:40:15 |Display all floors
I like the non-politically correct way Trump brings out the awful truths and corrupt behaviour of those who have long hid behind the decency and political correctness of their opponents. The USA needed someone like him. I did not know how good he was until I saw the televised debates.  Until then the only coverage of him here was a little of the  heavily biased mainstream media. It is still the case but I could figure it out for myself after hearing him directly.  I am validated by about 63 million USAnians. Good for them!  
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 12:04:25 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2017-11-6 19:32
I like Trump's appoach and response to others' mudslinging. He effectively gives them a dose of the ...

""I have not seen or heard him start the mudslinging or talk badly about a individual who talks decently and polietly to Trump themselves.""

So I suppose you thing all the staff he has fired over the past year were bad mouthing him when they
were first hired?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 12:07:09 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2017-11-6 19:40
I like the non-politically correct way Trump brings out the awful truths and corrupt behaviour of th ...

Awful truths are a matter of opinion. If bragging about being able to grab any woman's private parts
is being correct behavior then you are a Trump supporter. I hope someone dear to you never had
to face that awful truth about your dear leader.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.