Views: 372|Replies: 6

How do you think of ‘寧’? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-4 21:19:24 |Display all floors
The common-used Chinese character is so special in structure!Its top top is called ‘treasure-lid’ in China which symbols the roof of your house;

The 心 is ‘heart’ which shape really looks like the  organ that pumps blood out with the three dots represent the related blood-vessels;

(The above may be acceptable for most Chinese scholars but that would be another story about the following:)

How to understand 皿?  I admit it originally means ‘container’.  But here I think 皿 looks like a smiling mouth with two teeth seen! The bottom stroke of 皿 is so long since your mouth opens widely when laughing!-----------  (Another an example is 罪 which top part is teeth-showing mouth and lower component is ‘wrong’, the whole character 罪 means ‘crime’.)

The last part of 寧 is 丁 that means ‘man’ who stands firmly on the ground (the vertical stroke plus a foot)with wide shoulders (the long horizon stroke)!------------In China man should 顶天立地(hold up the sky with the legs based on the reality!)

In general, the 寧 shows that:  Under the roof of the house, one man is smiling with the heart as the top priority! Whose mind-set is quite peaceful without any trouble or worry!

Yes,寧 originally means ‘mind-peaceful’.

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 07:26:54 |Display all floors
Thread should have posted on the language-learning-site in the Forum since that is hard for Austin to approve it whose native language is not Chinese!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2017-11-5 10:03:00 |Display all floors
My wife likes the saying, "Happy wife, happy life".
It's hard to argue with this but it is often an expensive proposition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 10:54:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-5 10:03
My wife likes the saying, "Happy wife, happy life".
It's hard to argue with this but it is often an  ...

You may use 寧 as weapon to deal with if you think it is not affordable!
Self_protection doesnt mean selfish!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2017-11-5 17:54:28 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-11-4 18:54
You may use 寧 as weapon to deal with if you think it is not affordable!
Self_protection doesnt ...

I remember a news story a couple of years ago about a young man who threw himself off the
8th floor of an expensive department store because of his wife's excess spending.

Maybe they should up safety nets across the second floor of those types of malls.
Could it give women pause for thought?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-6 09:39:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-11-5 17:54
I remember a news story a couple of years ago about a young man who threw himself off the
8th floo ...

All things would go in their natural way according to the scientific rule! The physical world is reality and what we could do with it is quite limited. We should not expect too much from others as well as ourselves! Or you would break the mind_balance and could not enjoy a peaceful living style, that would influence your physical health!
Sometime I take the forum_site as a great temple where blogger_monks are sharing the
delicious mental dishes which are helpful to purify our mind as little kids, keeping a distance from the mortal life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 15:58:12 |Display all floors
Please check my blog titled 'Is your mind as peaceful as 寧?’ with the same text where you could see some wonderful comments from blogger-friends!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.