Views: 6801|Replies: 6

Alibaba's Jack Ma to star in short kung fu film [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-3 16:19:19 |Display all floors

448a5bd66cf31b6374330d.jpg

Chinese e-commerce tycoon Jack Ma has confirmed he is to make his debut next month in a kung fu film alongside action stars such as Jet Li and Donnie Yen.

Titled Gong Shou Dao, which means the art of guard and defense, the 20-minute movie, which will not be seen in cinemas, is set to be released on November 11.

"That night ... that dream," Ma wrote in a post attached the movie's poster on China's microblogging platform Weibo on Saturday, without giving any details of the plot.

Jet Li, the movie's executive producer, told Sina, one of China's leading Internet-based media groups, "We all have the same dream to use the movie to promote traditional Chinese culture and pay a tribute to the predecessors in the field of Chinese kung fu."

Other big names among the film's crew include action stars Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Wu Jing and Sammo Hung Kam-bo, boxing star Zou Shiming, Thai actor Tony Jaa and retired Mongolian sumo champion Asashoryu Akinori.

Ma, the executive chairman of the Alibaba Group, has long expressed interest in traditional Chinese culture, especially kung fu, and has practiced tai chi for many years. (chinaplus.com)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 20:16:07 |Display all floors
I expect Jack Ma's debut . The film's crew is famed . Hope that they can present a wonderful show by their cooperation . Meanwhile this is a such a good way to pay a tribute to predecessor in the field of Chinese kung fu. By the way , shall we watch it freely on Weibo on November 11

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 21:40:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tonysong2000 at 2017-11-3 21:41

Jack Ma is the executive chairman? he certainly invested much money to this film.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-4 09:26:38 |Display all floors
I have a picture, which is Jack Ma was practicing Tai Chi.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-6 17:05:35 |Display all floors
I love all these wimpy, soft businessmen standing around trying to look tough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 16:36:51 |Display all floors
Jessiewow Post time: 2017-11-4 09:26
I have a picture, which is Jack Ma was practicing Tai Chi.

Could you send me the picture? I am not a fan of Jack Ma, but of Tai Chi.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-7 16:40:37 |Display all floors
Chinese medicine and Tai Chi are supposed to be two wings for Belt and Road. Too much contents except for Chinese Kongfu are hidden inTai Chi, but it is really not an easy way to show the essence of Tai Chi to the outside world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.