Views: 936|Replies: 9

What is your biggest regret? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-2 16:36:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 16:37:24 |Display all floors

“Not being with Mum at the end. She died 2 hrs after I left her, it haunts me still”

“Not calling my Dad the night before he suffered a fatal heart attack, just because I had only lost ½lb and I didn’t want him to be disappointed”

“My cousin rang me on Christmas eve and I really rushed the convo because I was cooking … she killed herself on Boxing Day”

“Not staying with my mum to the very end. I was afraid and needed to go home to my kids. She died overnight. I forever fear she was in fear. The hardest part was not the decision, but coping with the ‘what if’ afterwards”

The truth is that a) we all try to make the best decisions possible using the information available at the time, and b) we all mess up. But it doesn’t help the pain to point that out.

What is your biggest regrets?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 16:37:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by senoritazhao at 2017-11-2 16:38

“Never going to University. Left me disadvantaged all my life. Never lived my potential”

“Not getting a better education and working full time from the age of 16”

“Leaving school in 80s & not going to art college. I wanted to get a job. Found one. Still at the same workplace now”

“My regret: listening to teachers who said I was stupid because I can’t spell. After 2 degrees was told I’m dyslexic. Am currently on 4th degree”

“For me it used to be going into teaching instead of law. I righted my regret. Best choice ever. I was a wimp in my 20s. Changed for better”

“Not finding the Open University earlier”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 16:38:22 |Display all floors

“Too scared to risk failing at something I loved, so I succeeded at something I had no passion for”

“Not following my dream to work in radio”

“Listening to my dad when he said my voice was too weak to be a singer”

“Not taking the job in Paris”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 23:34:01 |Display all floors
I thought you were asking not telling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 08:54:15 |Display all floors
She's expressing her sorrows in bold prints. Ladies are more expressive. I'll lend her a shoulder to cry on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-4 10:27:37 |Display all floors
I have a regret everyday.

When I open CD forum and see Seneca post some reduciouls comment

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.