Author: Perfumecity

Beautiful Cathedrals That Stood Out the Test of Time [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-11-2 13:50:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Perfumecity at 2017-11-2 13:52
seneca Post time: 2017-10-30 15:58
This is a wonderful thread, thank you, Perfume, for the hard work in transferring these photos into  ...

Ray, tk u, 2. I'm not perfume, I do wear it tho.      

U r absolutely right. Some of them r just like a landmark standing quietly, people (believers and non-believers) flock from afar only 2 have a luk at them with reverence.      

Methinks masons still can b found now, though whose skills have been lost in antiquity.      
Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 14:14:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Perfumecity at 2017-11-2 14:27
seneca Post time: 2017-10-30 16:08

One of m ...

The Sagrada Familias luks very awesome indeed, tho I hate 2 say but do feel the sense of childlike innoncence it has. Perhaps coz its feature of spires? I have no idea.      

Tx 4 yr gud introduction. I will go there if I visit Barcelona someday & I do hope the struggle will have endded then.      
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-2 14:15:27 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2017-11-2 13:50
Ray, tk u, 2. I'm not perfume, I do wear it tho.      

U r absolutely right. Some of ...

Masons may still be found in some European states but increasingly theywork on renovations of historic buildings, not forming new ones.

Another cathedral I admire is the Bern Munster in Switzerland. ("Münster" is German for cathedral). It is especially imposing when seen from across the Aare river. It stands 170 meters tall, twice as high as the mediaeval-age patrician townhouses next to it which top out at six floors. Even in the 21st century, it easily is the tallest structure in the whole city of Bern.

I tried to transfer a picture of it to your thread but failed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 14:20:05 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2017-11-2 14:14
The Sagrada Familias luks very awesome indeed, tho I hate 2 say but do feel the sense of childlike ...

It's a long time since I last went to Barcelona. At that time there was a bus specially for tourists to take them along a route along which were the city's main historic and scenic sites. You paid one time for a ticket and got on and off the bus as often as you liked. there were maybe two dozen thrilling sites along the route, and the Sagrada was one of them.

Today the Barcelonese complain there are too many tourists so it may not be a good idea to go there right now...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 14:08:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Perfumecity at 2017-11-3 14:10
seneca Post time: 2017-11-2 14:15
Masons may still be found in some European states but increasingly theywork on renovations of hi ...

Bern Munster. I've got some pix of it from online.

(Source: Mafengwo)

0.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 16:39:35 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2017-11-3 14:08
Bern Munster. I've got some pix of it from online.

(Source: Mafengwo)

Thanks a lot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-4 13:49:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-2 14:20
It's a long time since I last went to Barcelona. At that time there was a bus specially for tour ...

The bus reminds me of the 1s in Xi'an, by which u may go 2 a couple of tourist spots along the route. I'd purchased a Changan Card from online before I visited Xi'an in the end of July, with which I travelled freely around the city tho I had 2 transfer sometimes. I also had a Tourist Annual Pass with which I could travel 2 quite a few spots for free.            

Perhaps to travel in an off-season will b smart, or what? People can b seen in the world almost everywhere at anytime.      
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.