Author: robert237

Stealth not so stealthy. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-4 15:18:22 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-31 03:39
The B-1 bomber is not even stealthy and can be shot down by SAMs. The stealthy B-2 bomber costs US$ ...

America has been stealing Chinese technology and don’t know it. Rockets and cruise missiles first developed in China. The Nazi took the concept and applied it with modern engineering and the America grabbed it. The pioneer of American rocket technology was Qian Xuesen whom the Americans try hard to hide
this fact and attribute it to Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun a German scientist.

Qian Xuesen was twenty-four years old in 1935, a fresh graduate of Shanghai Jiaotong University, when he used a scholarship to get to M.I.T. A year later, he moved to Caltech to earn his doctorate, and Theodore von Karman, a legendary Caltech professor, pronounced Qian an “undisputed genius.” When the U.S. went to war, he joined American scientists in the study of jet propulsion, and helped produce technology to counter German rockets. Then he joined the Manhattan Project.

In 1949, just as he was being named the first director of Caltech’s jet propulsion lab, the Chinese Communist Party rose to power in his homeland, and Qian was accused of being a Communist sympathizer; he acknowledged attending social gatherings with others who had been accused, but he firmly denied any political involvement. When he applied for U.S. citizenship, his application was denied. He lost his security clearance. When he applied to leave America, he was detained, because he was said to know too much about the American weapons system. Finally, in 1955, Qian was allowed to return to China.

“I do not plan to come back,” Qian told reporters at the time. “I have no reason to come back…. I plan to do my best to help the Chinese people build up the nation to where they can live with dignity and happiness.”
He never returned.
“It was the stupidest thing this country ever did,” former Navy Secretary Dan Kimball said later. “He was no more a Communist than I was, and we forced him to go.”

Evan Osnos joined The New Yorker as a staff writer in 2008, and covers politics and foreign affairs. He is the author of “Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth, and Faith in the New China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-4 22:47:05 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-2 02:31
If Korean War 2.0 breaks out, both China and Russia will support North Korea with food, fuel and ar ...

Both China and Russia have told Kim that if he starts anything, he's on his own. They won't back  him.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 00:01:40 |Display all floors
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 00:05:25 |Display all floors
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 01:02:29 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-11-3 16:40
Sounds good but the US military-industrial complex needs a bogeyman to justify continued US defens ...

The owners of defense corporations can easily retool their factories to produce non-military goods. Capitalism doesn't need war to profit. Wars are caused by egotistical politicians not capitalists.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 01:05:45 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-4 06:47
Both China and Russia have told Kim that if he starts anything, he's on his own. They won't back   ...

“China Russia told Kim he’s on his own”

Ask Suenie. He’s adamant that Chinese state medias, Nork state medias, and, of course, Vladimir Putin state medias, Armadinajad medias, al-Asad’ish, Saddam Huessein’ish, Muammar Mohammed Abu Minyar Gaddafi’ish, and aljerzer’ish news medias what not are lying and fake news generating machineries and social networks, therefore the claims they make are just not credible...

You need to get together with the Suenie more often if you wanted to know the goings ons of the world...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-5 03:16:01 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-4 22:47
Both China and Russia have told Kim that if he starts anything, he's on his own. They won't back   ...

Yes. But both China and Russia have also told Trump that they won't allow him to "totally destroy" the DPRK if Trump starts anything to resume the Korean War.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.