Views: 42833|Replies: 26

Should using your mobile phone while walking be outlawed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-30 11:35:12 |Display all floors

A new law took effect in Honolulu by making it illegal to text while you are crossing the street. Pedestrians in Hawaii's state capital who cross a street or highway while using a mobile electronic device can be slammed with a fine of up to $35 for their first offense, according to the law.

It is commonly seen especially at road crossings that many mobile phone users text, or intently perform some other function on their phone, while walking. Should China follow suit by outlawing mobile phone use while crossing street?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-30 11:36:08 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-30 11:36:35 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-30 21:01:39 |Display all floors
Can’t use a GPS navigational device either?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-31 06:00:01 |Display all floors
I want a free card for running over idiots like that ! Even those on bike that text
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-31 08:41:46 |Display all floors
Ontario is bringing in a law like this as well. $50 CAD fine for texting and walking, and I agree with it wholeheartedly. Too many idiots who can't put their phones down for 30-seconds while they cross a street. Most of them don't even look up to see if the walk-light is on. They just go around everybody and step out onto the road. It's already illegal in most places to use your mobile phone while driving, so this is a good next step.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-31 09:55:22 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-10-31 08:41
Ontario is bringing in a law like this as well. $50 CAD fine for texting and walking, and I agree wi ...

I think it is difficult to enforce such a ban. Given the number of pedestrians, it is hard for officers to discern whether anyone is using his cellphone. Teaching people about the dangers would be more effective. It would make people think twice before texting while crossing the street.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.