Author: ceciliazhang

Western media is still wrong. China will continue to rise. [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-3 13:31:25 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-11-3 12:08
It can be bought on Taobao in  China.

It was available for free in many Chinese hotels for years. But I haven't seen a new copy for free for several years by now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 13:50:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-2 21:30
CNN is the Chinese people's most popular English language news source. I don't know why because it ...

DJT: CNN = Fake News :)
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-3 16:15:30 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2017-11-3 13:50
DJT: CNN = Fake News :)

Chinese media: no news at all but full of print.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 16:20:26 |Display all floors
washigton post doent mean all the west,got it?

or, does Bhutan or Singapor represent all the Asia?

Wich such low iq propaganda, who is interested to read you except credule dumbs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 17:44:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-3 13:31
It was available for free in many Chinese hotels for years. But I haven't seen a new copy for free ...

A plausible explanation would be The Economist Group has to find a way to turn a profit at a time when many publications have trouble even breaking even in the digital age, in which social media like Facebook and Twitter have attracted eyeballs. In other words, The Economist wouldn't like to sell its issues at a discount, let alone give it away as free copies. Zanny Minton Beddoes, its first female editor who succeeded John Micklethwait last year, said The Economist would be a classy magazine targeting highbrows or learned sorts who happen to be wealthy.

Time Inc, which publishes Time magazine and Fortune,   seems to have chosen a different strategy:  rather than improving the quality of its reporting, it's simply  going digital -just like The Economist  and  planning more cutbacks aimed to slash operating expenses.  I have doubts such tactics  would help Time magazine prop up its declining advertising revenue, largely because one could  hardly find insightful pieces in the shrinking  pages of Time magazine.

If no reader wants to read your magazine, then how could you make a profit?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 18:03:20 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2017-11-3 16:20
washigton post doent mean all the west,got it?

or, does Bhutan or Singapor represent all the Asia?

The  Washigton Post, The New York Times, and The New Yorker are all liberal-leaning publications. These publications often have ding-dongs with The Editorial Pages of The Wall Street Journal, which has been a staunch supporter of Trump along with  National Review and Weekly Standard.

Yet one might find them acting like one in one situation  in spite of their ideological conflicts: their concerted efforts to tell their readers that China doesn't have a free market and the Chinese are not allowed to vote. So there is no need for Chinese conservatives to take heart from the fact that these foreign publications also extol China in some of their articles.

Their perception of China won't change a bit until China respects civil liberties and the rule of law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 18:40:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-11-4 10:29
tedbrent Post time: 2017-11-3 11:55
I hate to disappoint you, sir. But I have to point out that many members of China's intelligentsia read The Economist with avidity, and they look up to The Economist's writers and editors, particularly their erudition and pukka writing skills.

If China's intelligentsia relies on the The Economist, heaven forbid if they have anything to do with China's economy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.