Views: 38947|Replies: 45

Is Australia a safe place for Chinese students? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-27 16:01:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ceciliazhang at 2017-10-30 15:28

(Canberratimes) Two teenagers have faced court after three Chinese high school students were allegedly bashed at a bus station in Canberra.

Police said the international students were attacked on Monday night at Woden bus interchange.

Friends of the victims told Fairfax a group had approached the students asking for cigarettes. When they declined, they were allegedly attacked. One victim was believed to have been hospitalised but was now recovering at home.

Two youths, who were not international students, had since been arrested in connection with the assault and put before the ACT Children's Court.

As investigations continue, police said patrols around public transport had also been stepped up throughout Canberra.

"In response to the incident, ACT Policing have engaged with the Chinese community," police said in a statement overnight.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-28 09:30:08 |Display all floors
I hope the culprits will have to spend years behind iron bars and WITHOUT ANY CIGGIES!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-30 15:40:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-28 09:30
I hope the culprits will have to spend years behind iron bars and WITHOUT ANY CIGGIES!

Hope it is an isolated incident. But why are Chinese students targeted? The backstreet hooligans cursed 'go back to China' and beat them and anti-Chinese posters at Australian universities. Are Chinese students at risk in Australia?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-30 15:51:20 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-10-30 15:40
Hope it is an isolated incident. But why are Chinese students targeted? The backstreet hooligans c ...

If you say "Chinese victims were TARGETED..." you are transforming this case into a race hate crime. I doubt this. I do not see how the Chinese were being "targeted". Would you have started this thread if the victims had been Filipinos? Or locals? I think the aggressors were hooligans who attack anyone who resists their demands.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-30 18:38:43 |Display all floors
Chinese are free to do as they please in Australia. This is obvious. The idea that a crime in Canberra is racially driven is only a confabulation in a malevolent mind. Canberra is tedious. It is essentially a large taxpayer funded plantation of government wage slaves and their supraordinate parasites. Everyone else feeds from the feeders.

Chinese are not targeted in Australia, except maybe from other Chinese.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-31 06:59:16 |Display all floors
My experience simply expressed: it's Chinese money that is welcome in Australia, not the people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-31 07:44:27 |Display all floors
Yes as long as you have the money.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.