Author: ceciliazhang

Do Western media portray China fairly?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-29 09:07:11 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-10-28 23:21
Gee, that's a cute comeback. But my posts stand as truth. You are just speculating in an immature m ...
grunt work of agriculture would be eagerly taken up by the whites of America?

And what would you do with all the farmland that nobody in USA is going to farm? Use as shooting range? Build Trump towers?

have to import produce and meat. And guess who could pay the tremendous increase in cost?

You said it yourself - the price of produce would increase tremendously, which means that sooner or later it will become so profitable to do the farming in USA (as opposed to costly imports), that Americans will smell the money.

Yes, the poor will pay hefty price for their food reglardless of where their expensive produce is produced (in USA or imported), but maybe then if they'd go to farming they'd become rich, yeah?

And don't get me wrong, I'm just discussing what will happen - I am not supporter of Trump or his policies, and not American.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-29 10:34:38 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2017-10-28 23:21
Gee, that's a cute comeback. But my posts stand as truth. You are just speculating in an immature m ...

Oh, what is your obsession with the WHITES of the U.S.A.? Why must only the WHITES take up agricultural grunt work? Aren't there Blacks, Asian Americans and many others? Why do you restrict this type of work to owners of white skin? Aren't you being RACIST?

For your information, in the West it is a widespread phenomenbon to see people return from city life to farms and to live off the fruit of their land. You don't believe it? Start learning French, Italian, Spanish and you can learn such truths from Western media outlets published in regions where the phenomenon just described is being observed.

I even know of Europeans who emigrated to a different continent to set up a vineyard after decades of earning living in a big city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-29 11:02:12 |Display all floors
It will be hard for Western media to portray China accurately until we get to know China better.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-29 13:28:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abcfirst at 2017-10-29 13:29

The Western media cannot even treat Trump fairly, the democratically elected President of the USA, how can anyone, including Westerners, think Western media can treat China, and its leaders, fairly?  The Harvard-Harris poll of May 17-20, 2017, showed that 64% of Americans do not trust the media to tell them the truth.  Is the Western media running out of suckers that it has to market itself to those living outside America as publisher of "news" rather than "fake news"?  Look how they covered the Las Vegas incident which has so many timelines that it is no longer rational to believe in any.  Let's be honest, nobody can claim to be a virgin, but neither can anyone castigate the other side for lacking it.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-29 16:35:34 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-10-29 11:02
It will be hard for Western media to portray China accurately until we get to know China better.

...but the Chinese are no better at portraying themselves than we Westerners are. Their own ignorance of China is astonishing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-29 19:51:55 |Display all floors
One needs to make a distinction between Europe and the US. There are facets of the EU MSM that are reasonably intelligent and objective about certain aspects of China. However, when the hard core self-interest areas come into play they the leave the rails.  The US is simply a nativist,pseudo-liberal garbage can of self-obssesed, and racist fools who divide the world into 'us and them.' Some are more obvious and direct(i.e. DT) while others feign a caring, heartfelt approach when in fact is they are just as brutal and cold-hearted as the president himself(i.e. Cher)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-2 16:14:33 |Display all floors
it's not about whether the portray is fair or not. the key point is whether it's detailed or superficial, impartial or biased. but there are two sides of each coin. different portrays vary from different stance. stance matters.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.