Views: 567|Replies: 4

Is college worth the cost? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors

What do you think? Do you still have faith in the American college system? If you are an employer and see two very similar applicants, but one has a degree, who would you lean towards?

(Fortune) Americans are losing faith that four-year college degrees are worth the price of tuition, according to a new poll.

A survey by the Wall Street Journal and NBC shows that people — especially those without four-year degrees — are less convinced that college is worth it than they were four years ago. The majority of men, people who live in rural areas and people aged 18–34 said that the four-year degree wasn’t worth the cost, the Journal reports.

Respondents were almost evenly split: 47% said college was not worth the cost due to student debt and because people do not necessarily graduate with job skills, while 49% said a degree was worth the cost because it could help people earn more money. That two percentage point difference has narrowed from 13 percentage points in 2013, when CNBC polled with the same question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
If parents can spare cash then yes

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2 DayEarlier 07:38 |Display all floors
Yes it is worth the cost.

Use magic tools Report

Post time Yesterday 09:45 |Display all floors
It kept me out of Vietnam so at that time and place, yes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time Yesterday 10:19 |Display all floors
I am currently in college but I was very fortunate to have qualified for a large scholarship with my school. However, the worth of a BA (especially in the Humanities) is simply not equivalent to its cost. Most of my fellow students, myself included, know that we need to go on to graduate study, be it a PhD or an MA.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.