Author: SEARU

How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-12 20:29:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-12 17:00
I still think Mo Yan to be a great author. The fact that Mr Goldblatt chose to translate his wor ...

"they read ten percent of hat an average French person reads a year."???

they read ten percent of "that" an average French person reads a year.    YOUR   'hat'=that     ?
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-12 20:33:24 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-12 18:35
I wish I knew the answer. I'd say the server of this forum seems to be problematic, dude. But I' ...

I remember one of the faculty at that college telling me I was being "too strict" with my underperforming learners. They only needed to know "who was the best author in the 18th century, the second best, the third best", and then the whole thing again for the 19th and 20th centuries... In other words: they did not have to read any novel. They only had to memorise some authoritative person's classification.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-12 20:33:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-12 17:00
I still think Mo Yan to be a great author. The fact that Mr Goldblatt chose to translate his wor ...

"but said sonnets cannot be understand in English"  ??
but said sonnets cannot be understood in English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-12 20:54:20 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-12 18:46
That's worrisome if you ask me. I even found some Chinese students fleering at people who still  ...

My eldest-brother is also a bookworm who has read dozens of ancient books and often debates with me on some sensitive questions on politics. I had told his story in my that thread 《the great culture revolution influence》.
Once a time,he said to me:“You had better buy the book 《史纲评要》 ----《The main historic events and related marks》 which would  help you become more sensitive on what is going at present and make a foresee to the future! Its author was so talent that his remarks were reasonable and I admire him every much!”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 06:42:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1626548377 at 2017-10-13 06:44

How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes?

There is one I can think off, the Nobel peace prize.
Invade a country and bomb the sh*t out of them, kill as many civilians as you can, and the peace prize are yours   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 07:15:51 |Display all floors
what about the subject. Cleaning up chemical and plastic waste !
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 07:28:03 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2017-10-13 07:15
what about the subject. Cleaning up chemical and plastic waste !

Do you mean as the following:
"There really are some problems existing in the textbook on each subject for children and we must make effective change to improve the quality of the basic teaching materials! The rubbish things in books have played negative role for Chinese to do well in the academic field on the world stage!"
I am afraid the above could only reflect part of your mind!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.