Author: UYA

Chinese community bank fights the US government [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-9 21:17:44 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-10-9 07:31
yeah there is a connection

It would be impossible for the US government to go after one of the big banks and the combination of Chinese+scapegoat+community bank was ideal for the US government as a sacrificial offering for the press. I mean, the US government has been using "Chinese" as scapegoat from climate change to job loss to just about anything that went wrong in USA for the last 50 years.

As the subprime crisis unfolded, and Citigroup was reeling from its own sub-prime skulduggery, Citibank was still trying to play the market with oil-options, through a former BP options trader. Goldman Sachs was a major player in the subprime mortgage crisis and got a US$10 billion TARP assistance package.

Bear in mind all this arose because Bill Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagall Act and allowed commercial banks and investment banks to merge. Back then, couple of guys asked me how, from I.T. perspective, that can possibly play out. The result is for all to see.

Bill Clinton apologised for the catastophy. He didn't cause it, but he started, empowered and facilitated it. He put a lit match to the powder key. To this day, despite a totally dysfunctional, exteme right wing GOP, I still hesitate when it comes to the Dems.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-10-10 06:09:41 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2017-10-9 21:17
It would be impossible for the US government to go after one of the big banks and the combination  ...

"Impossible"?
NO!

It is the duty of all civil service institutions to go after ANY wrong doings.
They take an oath to this end.

The ONLY reason the main stream financial institutions were left alone, was because THEY control the government.
That is why the government went after this community based, family owned, small bank, was to try and appease the growing outrage of the American public toward the banking institutions.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-10 09:08:31 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-10-9 20:53
you can download it via torrent.

What is "torrent"?

I was able to read the SCMP until we had a flood in our town two months ago. The rising waters knocked the VPN box that there was out of service. Without VPN, you cannot visit the SCMP... I don't have a VPN - I availed myself of a VPN at someone else's place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 12:04:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-10 09:08
What is "torrent"?

I was able to read the SCMP until we had a flood in our town two months ago.  ...

it is a "file sharing" program.
many current shows and movies can be downloaded via this.
you need a torrent manager (see Utorrent) then you can download almost anything
https://torrentz2.eu/
easy

Kinda curious about your take on the film and how Chinese culture is presented.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 12:48:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-10 09:08
What is "torrent"?

I was able to read the SCMP until we had a flood in our town two months ago.  ...

Mr. Pretend to know all don't know what a torrent is, I can't believe that one

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 15:06:52 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2017-10-10 12:48

He is low tech, old school
give the old guy a break

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-10 15:37:11 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2017-10-10 12:48

I know you are a torrent of sillinesses but that does not mean I need to be familiar with you, does it???

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.