Author: UYA

Chinese community bank fights the US government [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-8 20:35:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2017-10-8 20:36
seneca Post time: 2017-10-7 09:59
So this bank loans to ethnic Chinese only? Isn't this unlawful? Shouldn't they lend to anyone in i ...

Why would you think we ethnic Chinese in USA lend to or do business with ethnic Chinese only? Do you know this for a fact and if so, please share the source of your insight and analysis of us ethnic Chinese in America, or Australia, or the UK.

I am aware of this bank, there is a branch around the corner where I used to live in NYC Chinatown. Along with other ethnic Chinese banks in California, they helped a lot of Chinese Americans to their first home and their first small business. The original owners knew how hard it was, no white American bank would lend to ethnic Chinese or blacks or native Americans in those days.

If you would care to come to California, I can show you the plaques in Los Angeles testifying to the effort of the ethnic Chinese banks helping ethnic Chinese and OTHERS to their first home and small business.

Enlightenment generally follows when faced with facts.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-10-9 07:25:43 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2017-10-8 20:35
Why would you think we ethnic Chinese in USA lend to or do business with ethnic Chinese only? Do yo ...

In the film, the owner states the reasons for him to start this bank was because US banks would not loan money to Chinese people.
"They would take deposits, but not issue credit".
He wanted to help the people in the community (including other ethnic minorities).
A good example for others to follow

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 07:31:42 |Display all floors
Mishao Post time: 2017-10-8 18:36
Does any sane person actually make a distinction between the banking system\goverment in the crimina ...

yeah there is a connection

The US government wanted to make this bank an "example" for the crimes major banks caused for the 2008 meltdown.
Instead of going after major players in banking, they chose to go after a small family owned community bank.

Bankers OWN the American political system

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 07:37:02 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2017-10-8 20:35
Why would you think we ethnic Chinese in USA lend to or do business with ethnic Chinese only? Do yo ...

"Enlightenment" is exempt by people who harbor prejudices.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-9 09:31:50 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-10-9 07:37
"Enlightenment" is exempt by people who harbor prejudices.

Remember my initial response contained nothing but QUESTIONS, no prejudice. When I hear words such as "Chinatown" I do have a natural reflex: I think that the people living there choose not to live in mainstream society but in a niche, a ghetto. And why?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 13:30:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2017-10-9 13:48
seneca Post time: 2017-10-9 09:31
Remember my initial response contained nothing but QUESTIONS, no prejudice. When I hear words su ...

Because there poor..
because they rely on their culture to adapt.

were you able to see the film?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-9 15:46:51 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-10-9 13:30
Because there poor..
because they rely on their culture to adapt.

No. I cannot even go to SCMP.com online. Shame on the thought coppers in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.