Views: 12022|Replies: 13

What is the biggest enemy for Chinese education? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-6 20:35:09 |Display all floors
Just now on the CCTV program our host announcer asked a foreign student if he could ‘recite’ some Chinese ancient poem!   The Chinese character ‘背(reciting)’sounded like a needle that poked into the bottom of my heart!  --------------Nobody knows how many lives have been sacrificed by this terrible word! -------------背 is the invisible enemy for Chinese education that I think, do you agree with me?
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-6 21:20:54 |Display all floors
背(bei), its structure looks so cruel!  ----- The lower part 月(moon)is often used to represent some part of your body since Chinese people think that soul is the solar element that lives in the lunar physical body; 匕 is  short sword and the other part of 北 also shapes like a ancient military weapon!
You stare at 背 for a while.  Do you feel that ‘knife’ and ‘sword’ are hanging over the main part of your body? ---------Yes,as early as I was very little, father encouraged me to do well on lessons in this way!  He told me:‘Schooling is a bitter business that needs your hard work! "头悬梁,锥刺股,背诗经,倒如流!’-----------"Hang your long hair to the roof and use needle to poke the leg in order to keep yourself awake enough to recite poems till you can repeat them word by word in reverse order! ”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-6 22:12:54 |Display all floors
What is 背(recite)?  That dictionary tells me it is “to learn something by heart”! ------Yes, you may study some new thing with your whole energy! It is not always wise to repeat the original text without any ‘error’! ---------Fellow Chinese should know that in most foreign countries people hate repeating! ----------They often discuss questions in free atmosphere and encourage kids to speak  out personal idea based on their own comprehension!

One simple 背(reciting)has acted as poison that has mislead education method into wrong one for thousands of years!  How much time (life)has been wasted?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 03:55:13 |Display all floors
r u close to heart-attack?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 10:02:38 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-10-7 03:55
r u close to heart-attack?

Yes, I am going to have got 'heart-attack' if our authority don't take measures to cut off the cancer-like ‘reciting-disease“ from the education system!

(I know you are kidding on me. Anyway thanks for your concern about my health. To tell the truth, recently I have taken medical operation for varicose vein with the right leg. But now I am still as healthy and strong as star-lion!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 13:41:07 |Display all floors
Yesterday I watched the program 《 China poem Conference 》on the CCTV which was not as wonderful as I had imagined!  ----------------If frankly to make remarks, it is so bad since it looks like children-play!
All goes like a serious examination through which the runners are checked on reciting-ability. Tom could win if he has good memory on repeating others‘ words. Where is the students' personal innovation who could produce new poems of ancient style those are as good as the old ones?-----------I feel sorry for the national-level-competition that has less gold elements!  The program has signaled wrong information to all Chinese: Try our best to recite ancient things without any new creation!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 14:28:56 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-10 13:41
Yesterday I watched the program 《 China poem Conference 》on the CCTV which was not as wonderful as ...

You make a good point but the contestants really show they have the rare ability to memorise so much poertry and recite them almost at an instance. This is rare talent because not anybody can do it. The ability to memorise is important because it enables a person to store and recall information and then digest/process the information for knowledge. There is a need for memory and rational thinking to get education.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.