Views: 367|Replies: 1

Our Worst Enemies And Best Friends [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-10-6 09:31:22 |Display all floors
When I think about it, most of humanity's advantages, privileges and deepest miseries stem from an assumption of superiority over the rest of nature. Sooner or later, this placing of our whims over other's needs was bound to encroach into our view of 'other' humans too that we see as different. Our own worst enemies will always be ourselves - humans.

For humans, their worst enemy is always another human, while their best friend may or may not be a human.

For all other creatures, their worst enemy is also always a human, while their best friend may or may not be of their own species.

What do you think?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-6 13:38:52 |Display all floors
I tend to agree with you on this. Animals kill for food but some humans kill for greed. Animals mark their territory for survival but some humans seek to possess others' territory for more gain. Animals have no religion but humans need religion to teach them to do good.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.