Author: SEARU

How to introduce Chinese tradition to the world? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-5 09:24:02 |Display all floors
Since President Xi took office, the phrase 国学(nation-study)has become popular around the press circle. More texts on Chinese tradition would be taught in primary and middle school. The appearance of Mr. Zhang has lighted the flame of my this writing who pointed out:" You could not say about ‘nation-study’ without the treasure-like traditions left by our ancestors! The old philosophy seems like the roots of our culture-tree which should not rot!  Or the trunk of the tall tree would die and lay down along with its (or her)top part!”

"The ancient theory is so deep that you could see its true meaning through once reading. You must chew each word one by one, line by line!  After times of research, you could catch the author‘s soul!’ ------------Searu hates himself that he had not majored in Chinese literature or history when in the university who could not translate the ancient Chinese spirit to foreign friends!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-5 10:12:01 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-5 08:58
" traditions have nothing to do with a nation's history. " -----------------
I could not agree wit ...

Can you explain why you said the following?

The longer history, the better traditions!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 11:04:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-5 10:12
Can you explain why you said the following?

Time is good stone that can sharpen and test  your wisdom and theory!
We draw lessons from failures while summarize experience from victories and all need time. Long time of consideration can enrich one nation‘s philosophy!

The basic problem is that we teachers should calm down our mind from routine daily work and have a close research on what was going on in the past, then write something in plain words for our kids as well as foreign friends like you! ’    (May I say so, my professor?)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 11:33:04 |Display all floors
Mr.Zhang has five brothers whose parents lived to about sixty-year-old and it was  his eldest brother who led them to build houses  one after one for new marriage! --------With their own hands, they saved money and passed through  the hardship of the old era!  All of them have got married and formed their own small families.  ---------I saw his nephew visited him with gift (in the hospital)who is only four years younger than him!

There are about sixty members in the big family that account fifth of the population of their village!---------It is the Confucius teaching that has made them united as a fist and enjoy close relationship with each other!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 13:05:34 |Display all floors
                Ladle food for parents!
"According to the family rule, you should keep an eye open on parent at the dining table while you are enjoying the meal at the same time! ----------You must be ready to quit eating and ladle porridge for the senior.------------ Before father eats up the food, you should stand up and  take over the bowl with two hands and add new rice into the container and present it with both hands. Furthermore you ought not to withdraw your hands before making sure the senior has firmly grasped the bowl! ----------All should be done seriously with enough consideration!“  Mr. Zhang told me.

I think this tradition is good form of family education for kids who are trained to care about parents from early age on!  -------------Children are taught to do their duty who would be responsible for society when they grow up!

It is said Japan also has such ladling-food-for-parents culture. The difference is that Japanese parent always say thanks to kids when being served!------------I learned this from the NHK english broadcasting many years ago. ----------But to tell the truth, there was no such rule in Searu's family although father had been very strict with children!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 14:51:11 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-5 13:05
Ladle food for parents!
"According to the family rule, you should keep an eye open o ...

Brothers ladled meal for me in turn!
This let me strike another story about my former classmate Mr.Yan who now is a professor in the Shong-dong University.  I asked one woman from his village to introduce more information about his family background since I concerned too much why he has achieved such glory on study!
----------The woman said:" His father ordered his brothers  (no matter elder or young) to ladle meal for him since he was good at lessons!----------Once a time, he won the first place in the whole county exams. His father asked all of the other kids to stand in line and the eldest filled the bowl and passed it to the second and so on as if the servants treated the Emperor!  ------Furthermore brothers had to wash all of his clothes just because he was the only hope for the family!”
-----------I think  this kind special family policy on intellectuals encouraged that kid to make more progress on lessons!

As for me, my tears came out when father took over my schoolbag at the village-side when he heard the news that I had passed the national college entrance exams!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 15:50:43 |Display all floors
Mr. Zhang  has only one son who has got married for ten years but he has not seperated the young couple from the big family although they have their own house.  He enjoys three meals a day with all kids including grandson. All of cooking job is done by his wife and he pays for all bill of the food! ------------He said son would go far away from his sight on mind if he split the family! (分家即分心)

Searu thinks it is  not wise for him to keep son in arms for so long!  He partly agreed with me. He would consider when let son become totally independent as adult!  

Maybe his head has been influenced by the ancient books so deeply that it is hard for him to accept the modern life style similar to what going on in the west!    and

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.