Views: 39115|Replies: 40

How to introduce Chinese tradition to the world? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-4 15:44:42 |Display all floors
As you know, China has long history.  We Chinese people have created splendid cultural fruits in the past.  But how much have you known about our ancestors‘ treasures?  Sometime I feel empty in this field since my major is physics!

---------In fact, this topic was driven by an ex-ordinary farmer whom I met with when we had shared the same room in the hospital!

Mr. Zhang Yu-kai was lying in bed, holding up a one-KG-in-weight book with the hands. Reading has been one of his hobbies since he was little. He often visits the bookstore where he does some reading without meal. ------------He had lost bicycle twice within one month before the gate of the bookstore and had to return home on foot! ----------Since then he determined to buy all the books if they were worthy and took them home for comfortable reading! ----------Now he has owned more than one hundred of books in storage in the bedroom that is enough to prove that he is a scholar without any title from the government!

(Be continued)

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 16:09:00 |Display all floors
That thick book is named <<王阳明》which master was a famous officer in ancient China who had great influence on confucius theory. ------------Really the 55-year-old farmer knows too much about Chinese literature, history, art and so on since he has read too many books!
He could tell you vivid old stories depending on his own imagination based on what he had read from the books! -----------His 'lecture‘ sounds like that by a professor! ------------I think his level is beyond that of an ordinary teacher‘s since their mind is not so pure due to the busy routine teaching job!’ -------------If I were headmaster, I would like invite this peasant to make a report to the staff and the students whose speech would move all listeners and some teachers would feel shameful before the non-professional!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 17:43:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2017-10-4 18:11

His enjoyment to the books on chinese tradition is similar to mine on English. We had  sweet conversations on many issues.
I think ancient authors didn't speak out their mind frankly. He agreed and said that the character of their writing-style was “隐(hinding)"-----------The author often hid his or her real idea in lines and you could not grasp the soul of the book without more times of reading!

This is one of the reasons why our traditional good books could not directly understood in the international market if you translate them word by word from Chinese into foreign languages!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 18:55:06 |Display all floors
Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival that is one of Chinese traditional celebrations! I would like spend the great full-Moon night  with reader-friends through bloging!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-4 19:35:11 |Display all floors

Hmmm, and what importance do you attach to China's supposedly "long history" when discussing how to share its traditions with other peoples?

y first thought is: traditions have nothing to do with a nation's history. They come, and they sometimes go after they have been found outmoded or in conflict with better traditions.

It is a very conventional and traditional way for CHINESE to say "we have a long history" - this tradition is not very much appreciated. It is a cliche from your textbooks. It sounds clumsy - as if it wants to justify outdated and quaint customs of the Chinese. In fact, there are few old and revered traditions that you need to introduce to us; the West has a much longer history and many traditions are so old they began in prehistory.

Various Christian traditions in point of fact originated with heathen peoples. Thus Santa Claus may have been celebrated for thousands of years since long before Jesus was born.

A Chinese tradition that has travelled westward is the culture of the zodiacs. While the Europeans have always had Roman and Greek zodiacs, the Bulgarians have adopted the Chinese ones brought there by way of the Xiongnu and the Huns.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 20:09:15 |Display all floors
The man has strong arms and wide shoulders and the thick muscles on the chest remind you if he is a boxer!   --------------The martial-art movies in 1980s influenced him so much that he wanted to  become ‘hero’ like supperman through hard physical training!  He made simple instruments for excercise with sticks, sand, stones and so on. It is unbelievable that he has insisted on the ‘military training’ for decades since then
!  Now his 9-year-old grand often copy his actions who can also split legs on the ground!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 08:58:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-4 19:35
Hmmm, and what importance do you attach to China's supposedly "long history" when discussing how t ...

" traditions have nothing to do with a nation's history. " -----------------
I could not agree with you on this point although your whole comment sounds reasonable to ear if without careful 'chewing'
Traditions should be the good living habits and the shining thought or wisdom formed by one nation in the past. The longer history, the better traditions!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.