Views: 20760|Replies: 18

Chinese distribute food and donate blood to support Las Vegas victims [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-4 15:04:14 |Display all floors

Sunday was a horrible day for people in Las Vegas, as a gunman opened fire at an open-air music festival in the city. At least 59 people have been killed and another 527 injured. But the mass shooting has united people from different countries, closing the gap between strangers.

People from all walks of life have voluntarily lent their hands to those in need by contributing water and food, providing comfort with blankets and donating money and blood. Chinese people also showed their support. Some lined up for several hours to donate blood while some worked overtime to send meals to the donors.

People lined up for hours to donation. /Huaxi Metropolis Daily Photo

“Some of my Chinese friends went to the blood bank. They said they had to wait in line more than six hours to donate blood,” local Chinese driver Dennis Lee told Chinese media The Cover.

The day after the shooting, a Sichuan cuisine restaurant in Las Vegas supplied donors with a common but popular Chinese dish, fried noodles. The owner, Gui Tianyu, 28, cooked 200 meals with his wife ahead of operating schedule in an aim to send the meals to blood donation volunteers timely.

“We were supposed to be the first unofficial batch to arrive at this center that day,” Xiaobai, Gui’s friend said. The duo reached to the United Blood Services located at Charleston Blvd at around 8:00 a.m. local time.

According to Gui, there were nearly a thousand volunteers lining up waiting to donate.

“We finished distributing the meals for just more than an hour,” Gui said. “Everyone got the fried noodles said thank you,” he added.

Suppliers support victims at the donation center at Charleston Blvd in Las Vegas. /Huaxi Metropolis Daily Photo

Despite helping to contribute food, Xiaobai also registered as a blood donor and queued up for five hours to support people in need. “There are too many injuries, over 500 people. The bank is short of people who are O blood type, and I’m the one,” he told The Cover.

Xiaobai's post after donation: "Lined up for five hours, finally my blood comes in handy. Hope the injuries are safe and thanks to everyone who made a contribution to the society!"/The Cover Photo

Around 11:00 a.m., more suppliers, including other Chinese restaurants, arrived in succession.

US President Donald Trump called the bloodbath in Las Vegas “an act of pure evil” and Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday sent a condolence message to Trump over the worst mass shooting in modern US history.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-5 10:19:42 |Display all floors

I think the original poster has given the report a certain twist: surely the P.R.c. is not supplying blood donated by its citizens. I guess the donors are Chinese AMERICANS.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 13:38:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-5 10:19
I think the original poster has given the report a certain twist: surely the P.R.c. is not supplyi ...

Hmm,
You figure that Chinese American blood differs from Chinese blood

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-5 15:49:23 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-10-5 13:38
Hmm,
You figure that Chinese American blood differs from Chinese blood

No, I am not of that stupid category of people (though I cannot stop zou from staying with them).

I simply believe it is in the original poster's own interest to clarify things lest some populist Chinese turn irate and start a campaign against donating precious Chinese blood to the natives of foreign countries. You know - or perhaps zou don't - that donating blood and body parts is not common in CHINA, and whatever does get donated needs to be reserved for Chinese patients.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 15:54:25 |Display all floors
Chinese culture shines through the selfless actions of the ethnic Chinese everywhere.  This is the best example of Confucian moral philosophy.  To treat others as one would want others to treat oneself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 17:01:13 |Display all floors
The gun-market within America should be canceled that is the bottom reason for the accident!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 17:52:58 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-5 17:01
The gun-market within America should be canceled that is the bottom reason for the accident!

What you say is true and make sense.
Any other Country in this world of ours would have done so way back...

Firearm Sales Statistics        Data
Guns and ammunition manufacturing annual revenue        $11,000,000,000
Number of people employed by the firearm manufacturing industry        35,165
Number of weapons and ammunition manufacturers in the U.S.        465
Number of retail gun dealers        50,812
Annual Federal tax dollars collected on firearm sales        $123,000,000

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.