Author: ceciliazhang

Why are Chinese people patriotic?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-4 12:40:17 |Display all floors
The OP is making one huge assumption, that the Chinese are patriotic. In fact they are not as patriotic as the OP wants us to believe. Just because they utter sweet words about their country sending ships and aircraft to save them, or sing loudly their national anthem, it does not mean true patriotism.  That is merely an expression of gratitude at being saved from a bad situation.
Their social behavior, both at home and abroad, is a better gauge of their patriotism.  A truly patriotic people would not behave in ways that bring shame and disrepute to their nation.  Chinese peoples' anti social, uncivilized behavior both at home and abroad, bring much shame to their motherland.  That is anything but patriotic!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 12:54:17 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-10-4 09:20
Chinese patriotism is forced patriotism. Starting from the primary education, propaganda is part of  ...

They are brainwashed from young!  They don't know anything else besides blindly praising their nation, they see no fault even when faults are staring them right in the face!  That is why it is very hard to hold a meaningful discussion with the Chinese;  they can't see any fault in their society!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 13:18:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-10-4 16:34

When one sees the Chinese displaying huge banners to thank their nation for saving them, don't confuse that with patriotism!   That is their way of showing appreciation; they not only want to be grateful, but more importantly, they want to be seen to be grateful, hence the huge banners!
Often, after the police has saved someone, the whole family would descend upon the police station armed with huge banners and scrolls to express their gratitude, of course, with the TV camera rolling, so that the whole world can see their expression of gratitude!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-4 17:30:58 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-10-4 12:24
Got to agree with you on this one, those Chinese working and living overseas are not "overseas Chi ...

Thanks for agreeing with me again. I feel 33 years younger now, thanks to you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 11:25:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-4 17:30
Thanks for agreeing with me again. I feel 33 years younger now, thanks to you.

When you talk sense I'll be the first to agree with you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-5 21:41:17 |Display all floors
Encouraging "patriotism" is the game elites play to keep the "commoners" minds off the shortcomings of their ruling classes. I will never let such "patriotism" prevent me from keeping a critical eye on my own (Canadian) rulers (who are not currently doing TOO bad a job!) "Patriotism" requires ignorance.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-6 10:41:50 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-10-5 21:41
Encouraging "patriotism" is the game elites play to keep the "commoners" minds off the shortcomings  ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.