Author: seneca

Urgent Business: The Toilet Seat University in Zhengzhou [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-9 05:06:36 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-2 16:24
That's a much better picture than the one I submitted!

Of course it was done by someone sensible

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-9 09:35:23 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-9 04:36
Why did you think in that way about the shape of the nice archetecher?
I see it looks like the speci ...

The international media have added comments such as "the university that looks like a toilet seat", not I.

Personally, I was intrigued by its aesthetics. IT is a neat-looking building.

Have you heard of Chinese architect MA YASONG?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 16:10:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-9 09:35
The international media have added comments such as "the university that looks like a toilet sea ...

MA YASONG?
It should be 'Ma Yan-song'(马岩松) who is a famous Chinese architect with modern building concept! I have read something about him through the Internet after your reminding!  I am proud of him.

By the way,I tell you that my eldest-brother's daughter also is architect who mainly draws painting of the outlook of future buildings whose salary is much higher than me! So envy!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-9 16:43:47 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-9 16:10
MA YASONG?
It should be 'Ma Yan-song'(马岩松) who is a famous Chinese architect with modern buil ...

You were right - I made a serious typo. I am sorry for that.

Ma Yansong is a noted architect who sets new accents in the construction of new public buildings. He is possibly the only Chinese architect who tries to reconcile man's footprint with nature. He has won prestigious prizes and has been commissioned to design in cities such as Paris.

But his vision needs to be embraced by more Chinese people... His style can be called "landscape architecture" - it's his own phrase, by the way: Shanshui in Chinese...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 19:19:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-9 16:43

Ma Yansong is a noted architect w ...

Yes, I had posted one thread titled ‘Don't plant buildings as trees!’ ------------In our town, in fact in most parts of China developers always try to crowd many buildings in a limited piece of area in order to ‘’save land and earn more profit"!  If you live in one of those flats, it would be difficult to for you enjoy sunlight during daytime in Winter even in Summer! -------------Once a time,I joked that in the future some of those architectures would be pulled out just as that dentist repairs your the teeth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 19:19:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-9 16:43

Ma Yansong is a noted architect w ...

Yes, I had posted one thread titled ‘Don't plant buildings as trees!’ ------------In our town, in fact in most parts of China developers always try to crowd many buildings in a limited piece of area in order to ‘’save land and earn more profit"!  If you live in one of those flats, it would be difficult to for you enjoy sunlight during daytime in Winter even in Summer! -------------Once a time,I joked that in the future some of those architectures would be pulled out just as that dentist repairs your the teeth!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.