Views: 9468|Replies: 5

Thoughtful mom hands out earplugs to fellow passengers in case her baby cries [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-1 09:39:06 |Display all floors
polite_mommy.jpg

On flights, the last place that you typically want to be seated is beside an infant. But, recently, one mother tried her best to make her fellow passengers' flight experience a bit more bearable.
After arriving in the first-class section of a plane flying from Ningbo to Xi'an, the mom handed out a small baggie to her fellow passengers. Each bag contained a pair of earplugs, a few pieces of candy and a note written in the voice of her child.
"Hello! I'm Wendy from Ningbo. I'm one and a half years old. This is not my first trip, but my mother takes care of me alone and is worried that I might cry and disturb you. After all, changes in air pressure can make my very grouchy. Good kids don't disturb people in public places and I will try my best to keep quiet," the note reads.
"Here are some earplugs and some candy, I hope that they will ease your troubles. Wendy wishes you a pleasant journey."
While the earplugs and candy were nice, the thoughtfulness of the note was what most moved fellow passengers. Particularly touched was one flight attendant who posted about the experience on WeChat. The story soon spread across Chinese social media.
The flight attendant noted that the mother really had nothing to worry about. Her child was a perfect little angel for the entire three-hour flight, focusing all of her attention on her iPad.(news from the shanghailist)
[Images via Sina]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-1 11:48:05 |Display all floors
Good mother
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-10-1 15:39:25 |Display all floors
This is very nice but ear plugs do not work for me. I must have very good hearing or something. Babies crying are pretty annoying but sometimes there isnt anything that a parent can really do about it so it is fair enough. A barking dog on a three hour flight would be unacceptable though right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-2 17:09:22 |Display all floors
That's sweet .. I love that ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:53:32 |Display all floors
Nothing to crow about; for every thoughtful mother in China there are thousands of not-so-thoughtful and irresponsible ones, and I am speaking from first-hand encounters with them everyday!  For instance, they don't take care of their kids, let them push and pull restaurant chairs, like their playthings,  making horrible noise that irritates other customers!  People go to restaurants for a meal and a chat with friends, but thst is all ruinedby irresponsible mothers!
Let's hope there are more thoughtful mothers like this one, life would be more pleasant for all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 13:02:45 |Display all floors
It is no fun sitting near a family with  noisy kids on a flight that takes hours and passengers are already very tired and bored, and worse, got to put up with noisy kids can make the flight very unpleasant!
There is a certain airline which bans little ones on night flights so as not to irritate their other passengers!   Too bad, that is not in China!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.