Author: parcher

Building work during national holidays [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-2 15:34:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-2 08:14
What about those that start drilling holes in your neighbour's walls, or hammer nails through s ...

Chill out, noise never killed anyone

I do not have neighbours within 3rd of a mile in the UK.

In Spain I do but people are so chilled here, anyway it's an exciting time for the people having work done  so why whine about it and spoil their excitment.

Live and let live

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-2 16:29:09 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-10-2 14:48
Which laowai over here has guanxi that is not costing him an arm or a leg?
Nothing for free here i ...

Don't say that! I once had to go to a police station but the road was blocked to all kinds of motor vehicle traffic. The distance to that police station was around 8 klicks. No bus, no taxi were allowed! Can you imagine that? I was surprised by the action the local government had taken without consultation with people such as me... so I arrived at a road block and had to cover the last five kms on foot. When I arrived at the police station, the officer in charge was ON LEAVE! I swore loudly at that moment, luckily in Spanish and Dutch, not English or Mandarin! There was a compassionate policeman. His superior decided he would come to my home and pick me up the nest day and drive me to the police station. And a police car did come and drive me to the police station and back home. I enjoyed no special guanxi but I must say I was extended the most hospitable service.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-2 16:33:25 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-10-2 15:07
I see you have never been to China, but always talk like as if you know China so well, a whole lot ...

Do you also need to know how many cities and towns in CHINA I have been to??? You are a NOSEY kind of a "person", you paparazzo!

Here is a limited list:
- Hong Kong, Macau, Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Foshan, Shunde, Zhaoqing, Qingyuan, Conghua, Dongguan, Shaoguan, Shantou, Shenzhen, Heyuan, Maoming, Zhanjiang, Kaiping, Jiangmen, Sanshui, Sihui...

And that's just GUANGDONG. There are two dozen Chinese provinces that I have been to.

Brush your teeth before you speak!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 11:31:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-2 16:33
Do you also need to know how many cities and towns in CHINA I have been to??? You are a NOSEY ki ...

So you think readers are fools to blindly take what you claimed as gospel truth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 12:18:06 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-10-3 11:31
So you think readers are fools to blindly take what you claimed as gospel truth!

Most readers here re smarter than you. They don't believe in gospels or in your beliefs.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.