Post time 2017-10-3 19:43:36 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-3 13:16
You're a dumb piece of white azz.

You are a yellow slit-eyed melon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 20:08:43 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-3 18:43
Here's my reasons for why bikes won't replace cars:

surely bikes won't be able to replace cars entirely, just in many important aspects of life bikes have the potential of doing so.
And bikes alone can't accomplish that, it has to be the combination of subway + bikes.
it's safe to say this combination is the only tool in modern cities you can count on to get you anywhere fast and on time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 20:22:05 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-9-29 16:23
Not really. In the city why I live, bike lanes are not there. Most of the time, one has to ride on ...

there are still bike lanes in some old big cities, but not in the new cities.
and as said above, the bike lanes are often blocked by cars not parked in designated areas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 20:26:24 |Display all floors
hello999 Post time: 2017-9-29 16:31
I don't mind biking in good weather. But if I own a bike, then it's mine, I'm not going to share it. ...

you never had the experience of having your nice bike stolen?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 20:31:10 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-9-30 11:08
Answer to that question is No!  If you understand the Chinese obsession with 'face' you would unders ...

china will soon go beyond the times when cars are simbols of social status, the younger generations focus more on efficiency, not face.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-3 20:45:28 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-2 18:13
The simple answer is no. Bike-sharing has its own problems: misplaced bikes, stolen bikes, damaged b ...

it's advised to buy cars in small cities because there is no traffice, public transport is poor and normally your desination place is quite far away so biking is not a good idea.

it's the reverse in big cities so public transport + bikes instead of cars is the best option for many people in cities.

But as you said gov need to take care of the bike lanes and rules if they want to alleviate the traffic jam issues using public transport.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-4 03:14:42 |Display all floors
oasisgreen Post time: 2017-10-3 20:08
surely bikes won't be able to replace cars entirely, just in many important aspects of life bikes  ...

If you have children or elderly or disabled people, then subway + bikes won't work.

What could work is a four-tier mode of transportation for big cities:

1). high-speed rail for long-distance inter-city travel;
2). mass transit: light-rail, maglev, subway, e-buses, e-trams, etc. for long-distance intra-city travel;
3). eride-sharing: private e-vehicles for medium distance intra-city travel;
4). ebike-sharing: private e-bikes for short-distance intra-city travel.

E-bikes should include e-scooters, e-motorbikes, etc.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.