Views: 37775|Replies: 43

China's toughest-ever North Korea sanctions? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-29 14:33:57 |Display all floors

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's commerce ministry said on Thursday that North Korean firms or joint ventures in China will be shut within the 120 days of the latest United Nations Security Council sanctions passed on September 12th.

Overseas Chinese joint ventures with North Korean entities or individuals will also be closed, the ministry said in a statement on its website, not giving a timeframe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-29 21:47:51 |Display all floors
We will know the answer to that in 4 months.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-6 13:51:24 |Display all floors
Putin is reviving the north Korean economy..
He wont let it sink
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-6 14:55:36 |Display all floors
China is being forced to amputate its wayward, uncooperative foot, in order to save its life.  First, the tourniquet, then the separation.  North Korea has overplayed its hand against China, not just against America.  Doubling down works like magic only when the stakes are small compared to one's resources and capabilities.  When the stakes equal or exceed the resources of the bettor, doubling down ensures total ruin, not success.  As with the Baring Brothers debacle on its bets on the Nikkei futures, so with the Kim successors on their bets on Korean nuclear development.  The mechanics of the risk and reward may not have changed, but the size of the stakes have made any further betting futile and counter-productive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:49:49 |Display all floors
I once met a lass claiming she hails from North Korea on a Canadian website. She told me that she would as lief fight for Kim and protect his authority along with other gulls living in North Korea. For good measure, she flayed me for being a patsy for capitalism, adding that North Korea would vanquish America in the struggle for global leadership. Phew! I gather she may have been suggesting that we are going to be North Koreaied.

Zut Alors! Kim may be  preparing an attack. I'm not even married.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-8 03:55:13 |Display all floors
REGARDLESS OF HOW NORTH KOREA AND SOUTH KOREA WANT TO SEE THEMSELVES, THE FACT IS THAT FROM A GEOPOLITICAL STANDPOINT, NORTH KOREA CAN BE REGARDED AS A PART OF CHINA, AND SOUTH KOREA CAN BE REGARDED AS A PART OF JAPAN, WITH BOTH SERVING AS THE

TWIN FRATERNAL CANARIES IN THE MINE FOR THEIR PATRONS

ESPECIALLY, SOUTH KOREA, WHOSE MILITARY WAS CREATED AND TRAINED BY THE JAPANESE DURING ITS 50 YEARS RULE OVER KOREA, 35 YEARS OF WHICH INCLUDED KOREA AS IN FACT AND IN LAW, BY TREATY, A PART OF JAPAN.

North Korea will never agree to be a mere frontier army of China, to be sacrificed at the first signs of a foreign invasion, to keep China whole.  

South Korea, however, will gladly step in front of the shells and missiles of North Korea, to absorb as much as possible of the damage that could have been visited on its military motherland, even keeping its civilian population unprotected, as a human shield, by which to better gain the moral upper hand over North Korea if they were sacrificed.  Japan does not need its ancient gods to protect it from foreign invasion, it has the South Korean Kamikaze ready to do the job a thousand times more effectively.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-8 09:26:49 |Display all floors
N.Korea has to wake up and get ready for its future development path, no other country could always help or push her.  That is N.Korea should stand up being responsible for its selection of future, not China or the U.S. could do everything for her.  It's not a child anyway.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.