Views: 1299|Replies: 4

Sex education class becomes most popular course at Wuhan university [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-29 14:28:37 |Display all floors

(Shanghaiist) A new elective sex education class has become the hottest course on campus at one Hubei university, as seats were snapped up in seconds by eager students at the Wuhan University of Technology Huaxia College. Those who weren't lucky enough to get in were left pressing their ears against the classroom wall to try to hear what was being discussed inside.

A Wuhan Evening News reporter sat in on one class, describing how a pair of professors began by giving a lecture on the subject of human sexuality before turning things over to a special guest who talked about his own experiences struggling with HIV/AIDS.

While at first, the students were a bit embarrassed about the subject material, they gradually became more comfortable and started asking questions and engaging in discussion. "Many questions I would feel very awkward asking my parents, but here in class, I don't feel any pressure," said one student.

The professor who organized the class said that often she had noticed that students were curious about questions concerning their body and sex, but were too shy to ask. Therefore, the purpose of the course is to give them an accurate and objective base of knowledge about these subjects.

According to 2016 survey, 76 percent of Chinese college students say they are up for having premarital sex, while, in the same survey, 10% of female college students admitted to having at least one abortion.

In China, sex education has not been paid enough attention despite the introduction of sex-ed textbooks in the primary schools. Actually teachers either skip over the section in textbooks or ask students to read the books by themselves. Poor sex education teaching has generated a backlash as students are turning to other sources, such as newspapers, videos and even the Internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-6 23:12:29 |Display all floors
Any homework, teacher?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Great!!! Another of my posts removed.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

@ Voice_CD

Why is it that an article can have the word s-e-x in it, yet that very same word, used in a reply post, gets the post removed? The Oxford Dictionary has 5 definitions for the word "s-e-x", two for the noun form, and three for the verb, yet your people seem to think there is only one definition for this word. That definition being to have something to do with copulating and fornication.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

DMZappa Post time: 2017-10-6 10:12
Any homework, teacher?

Hot for teacher

Lyrics
Oh wow, man
Wait a second man Whaddaya think the teacher's gonna look like this year? (my butt, man)
Oh yeah T-T-Teacher stop that screaming, teacher don't you see?
Don't want to be no uptown fool
Maybe I should go to hell, but I'm doin' well,
Teacher needs to see me after school
I think of all the education that I missed
But then my homework was never quite like this
Ow got it bad, got it bad, got it bad,
I'm hot for teacher
I got it bad, so bad,
I'm hot for teacher
Hey, I heard you missed us, we're back
I brought my pencil
Gimme something to write on, man
Uh uh, I heard about your lessons, but lessons are so cold
I know about this school
Little girl from Cherry Lane, how did you get so bold?
How did you know that golden rule?
I think of all the education that I missed
But then my homework was never quite like this
Ow got it bad, got it bad, got it bad,
I'm hot for teacher
I got it bad, so bad,
I'm hot for teacher, whoa
Oh man, I think the clock is slow
I don't feel tardy
Class dismissed
Oh, yeah
I've got it bad, got it bad, got it bad
I'm hot for teacher
Whoa
Oh, yes I'm hot
Who
Oh my God

Songwriters: Alex Van Halen / Edward Van Halen / David Roth

Hot for Teacher lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc
Artist: Van Halen
Album: 1984
Released: 1984
Genre: Rock
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.