Author: ceciliazhang

Should the videogame 'Dirty Chinese restaurant' be banned? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-7 13:55:44 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-7 12:20
Chinese Communists try to preach virtue not hate. It's the Western Capitalists who preach greed AN ...

I think he has a right to speak out against all the social ills that have blighted China over the years, say, corruption, social decadence and moral turpitude. That being said, I also have to do justice your view that it would be not agreeable for a foreigner living in China to take offence at all the issues concerning China.

The fact is, most Chinese citizens  feel compelled to cuddle up to foreign  visitors once they glimpse them, thinking that they are obliged to act like well-meaning people when foreigners are around.  Which means it seems to be an albatross on their necks.

Yet I don't think  this kinda  contrived friendliness and ersatz emotion suggest that they are truly suave sorts. To my knowledge,  they simply act differently behind the scenes, particularly in a situation in which they find other people refusing to countenance the notion that China is no match for most Western nations culturally and economically. Just visit Chinese websites if you think I'm lying about this.

If you happen to speak Chinese, mate, you will find plenty of  racial slurs and skanky terms on such Chinese websites or even video-sharing websites, on which people are allowed to upload abominable videos full of bawdy and lowbrow stuff  to their websites; they even get paid.

The  Chinese videos in question aim to lampoon and despise  Chinese peasants and out-of-towners who weren't born in big cities like Shanghai and Beijing, for your information.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 14:41:38 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-7 12:02
Don't bother. Can't you tell that this forum is a place full of hatefulness and rudeness, just  ...

The posters who promote hate on this website are not even Chinese who use this forum to further their own agenda. You see them all the time: ghosts, spammers, trolls, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 18:12:56 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-7 11:55
I have been in a foul mood  as a singleton who's skint, alas, just like most Chinese paupers.  ...

English? Yeah, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry. But I do feel like I like you a bit :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 18:14:43 |Display all floors
Chinese Communists try to preach virtue not hate. It's the Western Capitalists who preach greed AN ...

You are such a disappointment. Did you really grow up in California? Boy, did they fail you.

Rather than help the Mainland Chinese and our beloved Chinese civilization, what you do is help them dig a bigger hole. And all for so little, I'd bet. Tsk. Tsk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 18:43:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-10-7 18:48
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-7 13:55
I think he has a right to speak out against all the social ills that have blighted China over th ...

In all my years of living in China, I can count the number of instances where there was a strong anti-Japanese sentiment in the public and in the media. But the Western media demonizes any and all opponents of neoliberal Capitalism and US foreign policy ALL THE TIME. Seneca does the same thing here and tries to turn every thread into an anti-China rant even though he is just a foreign guest here in China. He doesn't even bother to show simple courtesy to his host people whom he regards and treats with racist  contempt. Nothing in his posts say anything positive about China or the Chinese. Instead, he delights in displaying his racist arrogance towards his host country   which he learned growing up in his native Apartheid South Africa. He claims to be a "human rights activist" and yet he wantonly denies the humanity of his target: the Chinese who comprise one-fifth of the human race. He is a racist, misanthropic, sociopathic malcontent, unable and unwilling to find a home country and be at peace with himself in this world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 19:24:18 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-9-29 16:11
These kind of racists will always exist. Just don't buy or play that game. They think "freedom" and  ...

we don't need china bashers we should sending them all out

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-7 20:44:47 |Display all floors

Oh Dee:r the slightly anglicized East Asian Ogre has spoken again! Is the C.P.C. a church now? Preaching "virtues" is the domain of religious leaders, you know.

And I nearly laughed my tongue out of my mouth reading that I am supposed to be a "Capitalist" now. Aren't you one, Dee:r Ogre? Didn't you tell us you are making thrillions of yuan, yen and won through your activities as a self-styled, self-employed business guru in Chengdu?

I tell you a top secret now, Dee:r Ogre: I have been 100% closer to being a True Communist than you ever were.

There was a time, long, long ago in the mists of history, when I actually had a soft spot for Communism, communist theology and communist countries.

I just have never found one that satisfied the Communist theology's virtuous precepts!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.