Author: ceciliazhang

Should the videogame 'Dirty Chinese restaurant' be banned? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-7 11:55:09 |Display all floors
hello999 Post time: 2017-10-6 22:29
There is actually only a minority of communist Chinese stewing in hate. Most of the Chinese people ...

I have been in a foul mood  as a singleton who's skint, alas, just like most Chinese paupers. Any idea how to pep me up. I'd be grateful if you could show me the ropes, mensch.  Wait, how about hooking me up with a lass here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:02:34 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-4 04:08
No. Let them eat hate.

Don't bother. Can't you tell that this forum is a place full of hatefulness and rudeness, just like most Chinese restaurants, where most  people are chuffed to talk loudly and act like retrogrades, as if they had been cooped up in a cave for centuries.

What's the point of roasting a video game?  Some Chinese men and women  should be learning good manners.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:14:32 |Display all floors
hello999 Post time: 2017-10-6 22:30
"proper" English? What makes you any different from the communist Chinese spouting "proper" mandar ...

I'd imagine that  you know bupkis about Chinese language. To my mind, u won't be able to find the so-called  proper Chinese  language, inasmuch as proper Chinese has been replaced by user-generated internet Chinese language, which seems to have gained currency nationwide. Which means Chinese youngsters don't even take the trouble to learn proper Chinese language championed by the ruling elites living in antiquity; instead, they'd prefer to talk like rotters or chavs because it sounds cool.

It could be argued that most Chinese English learners hold the same idea when it comes to learning English; they reckon that it's critical for them to talk like characters you find in B-list flicks starring black actors. And that might be the reason why so many Chinese English teachers are keen to learn slang terms from such movies.

Do you call it proper English?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:15:13 |Display all floors
hello999 Post time: 2017-10-6 22:30
"proper" English? What makes you any different from the communist Chinese spouting "proper" mandar ...

I'd imagine that  you know bupkis about Chinese language. To my mind, u won't be able to find the so-called  proper Chinese  language, inasmuch as proper Chinese has been replaced by user-generated internet Chinese language, which seems to have gained currency nationwide. Which means Chinese youngsters don't even take the trouble to learn proper Chinese language championed by the ruling elites living in antiquity; instead, they'd prefer to talk like rotters or chavs because it sounds cool.

It could be argued that most Chinese English learners hold the same idea when it comes to learning English; they reckon that it's critical for them to talk like characters you find in B-list flicks starring black actors. And that might be the reason why so many Chinese English teachers are keen to learn slang terms from such movies.

Do you call it proper English?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:16:30 |Display all floors
  This place hasn't changed a bit since I left.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:20:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-4 11:44
It's what Communist Chinese have been eating for seven decades.

Chinese Communists try to preach virtue not hate. It's the Western Capitalists who preach greed AND hate. YOUR POSTS are the best proof of that. I can't think of a single post from you thanking your hosts -- the Chinamen Commie Chinks -- for their generosity in allowing you to live and work here in China. All you do all day is to hurl racist insults and spread hateful innuendo against your host country. You don't even the basic decency to show any modicum of respect and courtesy to your hosts which you exploit for your own self-aggrandizement. In my entire life, I haven't come across someone more amoral, more misanthropic and more racist than YOU. You're too bitter towards life and you take out your bitterness towards your hosts. SHAME on you. That's assuming you have any sense of shame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 12:26:56 |Display all floors
Indeed, I'm not suggesting that it's acceptable for a video game to vilify one nation deliberately. What I'm saying is it's just a video gameeeeeeeeeeeee. Why make a fuss about it?

I recalled having played a video game in which you are given a chance to attack America representing the Soviet Union. By this reckoning, I should be billed as a terrorist since I once sided with the Soviet Union and sent tanks to destroy American cities in this game  , taking over the White house. thereafter.

Are you going to call CIA and dime me out?  It's just a gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.