Author: ceciliazhang

Should the videogame 'Dirty Chinese restaurant' be banned? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-10 09:59:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-10 09:37
It's nice to finally see you concede that the West's high-speed trains are not racist and your e ...

You didn't answer my question: if not China, which country is the world's leader in high-speed rail?
Here's a hint:

IMG_0771.PNG

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-10 12:27:41 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-10 09:59
You didn't answer my question: if not China, which country is the world's leader in high-speed rai ...

Why don't you stress the importance of being non-racist? The videogame mentioned in the title of this thread should be shunned by all decent people (such as me). It should not even be a question: should we ban it or not?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 15:15:24 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-9 17:48
There you go. But any idea how to find the truth in a place where Google, Twitter, Facebook, the ...

But you assume that only google, twitter and facebook present the truth. You also conveniently assume that People Daily and Baidu are all lies. How do you come to that assumption? Because you don't like what People Daily and Baidu say? You say:

The truth can only be found in a place where high earners and powers that be don't have the ability to paper over the truth. Sadly speaking, we haven't been able to find a nation that has such a flawless social system, including America.

Yet it's no stretch to say America is much better than China in light of its willingness to embrace pluralism and tolerant criticism, except its president Trump, who won't brook any criticism of his  policies.

I believe the "high earners" and "powers" include the media which have great influence over how people think and embrace values. The media has tremendous "softpower" to skew people into a certain way of thinking. The media has even more influence than governments and can wreck a good government. To "embrace pluralism and tolerant criticism" cuts both ways too. If you come across a society that does not tolerate too much "freedom of the press" should you not also "embrace" and tolerate it for the sake of embracing pluralism?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 16:01:09 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-10 13:11
Let me answer my question for you: the country that led the world in high-speed rail for five deca ...

What silly tosh you can emit when you are in the mod for it!

When you mentioned Japan in an earlier post as having introduced its Shinkansen in 1964 I actually congratulated you for being so frank. It surprised me that a Chinese chauvi like you would give the Jpanaese credit!

Now you keep harping on who is Numero Une, and I avoid making my pick because there are no competitions afoot to be Numbers One, Two, Three etc. There are many different ways to establish a hierarchy but the countries are not in it to win gold medals. They invest in high-speed railways or not because these railways fulfill socioeconomic jobs.

I therefore maintain that China is an also-ran even if it has the most kilometers of high-speed railways on its territory.

Why this pathological desire to be Number One in one field?

Again, you are being ridiculous for construing a link between my views and racism.

I only countered the braggadocio contained in your post with sobering facts. If China wants to be a "leader", why doesn't it invent something first and get its own people hooked to it? For example China has four times as many people as the U.S.A., yet the U.S.A. has around twice as many cars as all of China...

Do you think I feel superior because the U.S. Americans are addicted to cars? I think they are fools. As are you who think everyone needs to have their own high-speed train...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-10 17:44:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-10-12 15:57
seneca Post time: 2017-10-10 16:01
What silly tosh you can emit when you are in the mod for it!

When you mentioned Japan in an ea ...

Do you want me to quote your posts where you keep saying that the "West" is the world's leader in high-speed rail? That was exactly my point: JAPAN was the world's leader in high-speed rail until about five years ago when China surpassed Japan while the top four Western European countries that have high-speed rail (Spain, France, Germany and Italy) are also-rans. I asked which country you regard to be the world's leader in high-speed rail but you failed to name Japan which is widely considered to have pioneered high-speed rail and is now leading the world in building a high-speed maglev line linking Tokyo to Nagoya. The reason is simple: you can't stand Japan as non-white Oriental country being the world's leader in high-speed rail because that would contradict your white supremacist logic that only white Western countries are capable of technological achievenments. And now you're denying ever making those statements proclaiming the "West" as superior to Orientals in high-speed rail.

My last word on this exchange: China is not competing against the "WEST" but against Japan in high-speed rail because most Western countries either don't have it, wouldn't do it or couldn't do it. Instead it was EAST ASIA -- Japan now surpassed by China and followed by South Korea -- that is leading the world in high-speed rail, a FACT widely acknowledged in the Western World which you refuse to acknowledge on account of your WHITE RACISM against non-white Orientals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 15:57:27 |Display all floors
Cysteine Post time: 2017-10-13 06:04
But all people in China are slaves though.  Why should anyone in the world respect a people who ar ...

There are HAPPY slaves. If you lower their expectations by intervening in their minds in an appropriate way they will accept their fate and be grateful. Some will even defend their condition as God-given.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 16:01:33 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-10 17:44
Do you want me to quote your posts where you keep saying that the "West" is the world's leader in h ...

The only racist in this whole thread is a yellow poster born with a silver spoon in his baby mouth and  raised in a Western country and living off his less fortunate compatriots back in China.

No, almost all Western countries have high-speed railway lines, and most high-speed train makers are Western. China is an also-ran who owes its newly-acquired technological knowhow to Germans, French, Swiss, Canadians, Italians and also to Japanese.

You cannot lead if you do not have something new to offer.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.