Author: ariqj

Athletes take a knee during the national anthem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-27 09:43:53 |Display all floors
I find it ironic the average USA Citizen doesn't realize the history of USA and why the society has become what it is....people really need to study history. Look at the top civilizations and you will see they have common ground.

Greed/Self entitlement

1. People think they are the greatest nation in the world....check
2. People think they deserve the same thing for doing no work...check
3. People think their views are right and the other side can't see it...check
4. People still remembering the past and unable to forget it...check

A nation prospers when people are focused on looking towards the future, instead of trying to justify their own requirements, their own past..

Imagine running a business and the business goal was determined by people's own views, instead of the CEO/Owner/....

That is what USA has become a country where the people are split because they feel they are entitled and deserve the same things, instead of looking at themselves and asking themselves what can they do to make their society better instead of complaining.

Protesting at an NFL game does nothing for the cause.....MLK did something real, if MLK sat around all day and kneeling, he would of accomplished nothing.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-27 10:09:50 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-27 05:22
I thought you were fond of pointing out the racism in the US?

Racism and discrimination did not e ...

Hmmm... where to begin? Or should I begin in the first place? Wasn't your post just gratuitous flaming?

I know that racism never ended. I has ended nowhere in the world. Racism is present everywhere. All people grow up with racist prejudices. Some of the most vocal anti-racists are fierce racists.

Maybe the challenge really is: can we all be racists but good people? Good people who are friends with racists from other races?

Don't tell me only the Whites are racists. That seems to be your message. And that is what rankles many people, Black, yellow, White, red and so on. No one wants to be the butt of someone else's racism. Not the racists, and not the victims of racists. In the end, all U.S. Americans are racists. And they all are victims too.

And people who think they are clean and they can condemn their compatriots are usually the worst.
Condemning is cheap; changing your own mindset is the real challenge. Everybody should change their mindset before they hate anyone in their community.

Don't you agree???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 10:11:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-27 09:41
I think - and I have said this many times in this forum - that the racism issue in the U.S.A. la ...

This is called 'identity politics' here.  

Its important for you to understand that these identities are not foisted upon people.   The term 'african-american' became popular from Jesse Jackson.  

Here is the issue - and I've seen this argued from you before.  You have to let people have their cultural identities.  A 'melting pot' culture is actually racist as it does not allow people to keep their cultural identity.  It should be respected that muslims may not want to join the beer-drinking culture and that should be okay.

Having a single culture really means everyone must adapt to white culture and not display any differences because differences offend.  

Learning about others and the differences in opinions and realities they face should not be dividing.  Why can't we be more accommodating?  Is it right to demand muslims drink beer at football games because that is mainstream culture?  Should we hate them because they may think differently on that?

My bf would prefer to be called 'Anishinaabe' rather than Native American, but Native American is much easier and everyone doesn't know the different language and cultural groups of tribes across the US.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 10:17:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-27 09:41
I think - and I have said this many times in this forum - that the racism issue in the U.S.A. la ...

re:  They still can be patrt of one but it should not be made public.

I see what you mean...
  Do whatever you fancy, but don't let them dumb asses on the street know ...

Yes, dumb they are, after all it's the 21st Century and they act like in 1814, during the War of 1812, the mansion was set ablaze by the British Army in the Burning of Washington, destroying the interior and charring much of the exterior...
People must learn history, not WAR games and how to build MOAB to wage war far away at home.

Wake up you people, cannon fodder would be the better word...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-27 21:56:36 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-27 10:11
This is called 'identity politics' here.  

Its important for you to understand that these identit ...

We are discussing WHY you U.S. AMERICANS CANNOT FREE YOURSELVES FROM THE GRIP OF THOSE ANCIENT DEMONS. We know why you have your identity policy but this identiy policy is part of the problem and no part of any solution!

"Here is the issue - and I've seen this argued from you before.  You have to let people have their cultural identities.  A 'melting pot' culture is actually racist as it does not allow people to keep their cultural identity.  It should be respected that muslims may not want to join the beer-drinking culture and that should be okay."

I seem to remember YOU AS DEFENDING the concept of 'melting pot culture'. Most U.S. Americans get brainwashed into thinking their nation is the world's model of racial mixing.  It is not, and nobody outside of the U.S.A. seriously believes this. Your identiy policy is a fig leaf to cover up the failure of the races to blend.  

And no, I see no "racism" in the concept of melting pot. It tries to avoid racism by melting the racial ingredients and combining them. It's a well-intentioned project but it does not work because certain immigrants do not integrate and seek comfort zones in ghettoes.

But the racism you deplore the most is not even the racism caused by ghetto dwellers; it is the old Black-and-White dichotomy.

Many people have married across the racial divide; Barack Obama is a mixed-race man. Why then are so many Blacks hostile to the notion of marrying people of other races? It seems the Whites marry members of other races more frequently than do members of races other than Whites. Do East Asian Americans marry Anglo Americans (yes, some Chinese Americans do, Amy Tan married a White man)?

So racism is not a one-way street. And it's not about cultures only. Even if the dominant culture is White, I don't see any reason for anti-immigrant sentiments. Racism comes when immigrants exclude other ethnic groups from normal business interaction with them - when Korean shopkeepers refuse to serve Blacks, or when Hispanics refuse to speak English, or when Chinese engage in human trafficking of their compatriots into the U.S.A.

Why would anyone force a Muslim to quaff beer? I find this absurd.

Having a single culture really means everyone must adapt to white culture and not display any differences because differences offend.  

Methinks you are fixated on Whites. What is wrong if immigrants have to adapt to White culture? Nothing. There is a public area where the "White culture" is dominant but not exclusive, and there are private spheres where non-White cultures dominate - as long as they are not in breach of the law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 22:59:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-27 10:09
Hmmm... where to begin? Or should I begin in the first place? Wasn't your post just gratuitous  ...

I believe everyone is racist, sure.  But....and there is a big but here..... Its much different when you are the majority and have majority sway in lawmaking and places of power.  Than your racism can be expressed in ways that can oppress.  Many minorities in this country may be racist, but they don't have any power to oppress anyone with their racism.  So, its not as important.

I focus on white racism because its still mainly whites in power of everything.  So we have the power to oppress like no other in the country.

Our current president is a racist.  He is making policies based on his racist views.  That makes him dangerous.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 23:11:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-27 21:56
We are discussing WHY you U.S. AMERICANS CANNOT FREE YOURSELVES FROM THE GRIP OF THOSE ANCIENT D ...

Why would you think blacks are hostile to marrying other races?  

Again, you speak not from fact but from assumptions.

You know nothing about american culture.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.