Author: ariqj

Athletes take a knee during the national anthem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-27 06:24:40 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-9-27 05:46
Is that all? because honestly I am sick to death of them complaining. Will they ever shut up? Jesus ...

One more point on the social media......

I'm starting to believe the whole russia scandal thing.  So they have been caught paying for ads on facebook.  I wouldn't be too surprised if there were russian agents trying to stir divisions using racism and nationalism.  Some of these 'news' articles talk about how blacks are trying to start a war to kill all white people and a bunch of outrageous crap.  

IDK, something is not right about all this.  We didn't used to be so bad.  I would say the last four or five years we've really descended to madness in this country.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 06:24:44 |Display all floors
Is that all? because honestly I am sick to death of them complaining. Will they ever shut up? Jesus ...

I'm starting to believe the whole russia scandal thing.  So they have been caught paying for ads on facebook.  I wouldn't be too surprised if there were russian agents trying to stir divisions using racism and nationalism.  Some of these 'news' articles talk about how blacks are trying to start a war to kill all white people and a bunch of outrageous crap.  

IDK, something is not right about all this.  We didn't used to be so bad.  I would say the last four or five years we've really descended to madness in this country.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 06:25:44 |Display all floors

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-27 08:04:58 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-27 06:14
Honestly, I don't think the issue is that all police are racist.  BUT - here's the deal.  The whit ...

Yeah blah blah. What I wanted was for you people to shut up right? More black cops? Thats all you want right? And then you will all shut up right? I reckon its a deal. If you get BLM to sign off on that Im sure something can be worked out in a jiffy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 08:17:08 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-9-27 08:04
Yeah blah blah. What I wanted was for you people to shut up right? More black cops? Thats all you  ...

What I am saying is its more complicated than that due to the backlash.  Its opened up wounds.

How to get people to shut up?  Try listening and not dismissing the issue.  Its the backlash that is fueling the whole movement.  So maybe if white people stopped acting like crybabies at the accusation of racism, than it would probably stop.  Take away the reason people believe racism is such a problem.  Don't pour on gasoline by reacting with hostility.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 08:22:33 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-9-27 08:04
Yeah blah blah. What I wanted was for you people to shut up right? More black cops? Thats all you  ...

I don't know if you remember or heard about the Rodney King riots?  It was in '92.  There were riots all over the country in response to a verdict where police officers got off the hook for severely beating a man almost to death which was caught on camera.

Everyone condemned the violence for sure.  BUT - you didn't hear white people saying the riots were a race war or that they were plotting on exterminating white people in america.    After the riots - there was no continual movement like we've seen with BLM.   Back then, I think everyone was just as shocked as the black community after watching that video.  But today?  We're so radical in this country you have a bunch of people who actually cheer on police violence.   That includes our current president who has actively called for police to use MORE brutality.

We're a sick nation.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-27 09:41:03 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-27 04:19
Perhaps.  

Do you believe the Democrats are using the right strategy by constantly bringing atten ...

I think - and I have said this many times in this forum - that the racism issue in the U.S.A. largely stems from hyphenating people's identities. If people weren't constantly reminded of being a special category of (U.S.) Americans, an ethnic minority that is, there would be far less opportunity for most to take offence.

Ethnic questions bedevil politics. Politics poison social harmony. Talking about minorities and one majority inevitably leads to strife, discord, friction.

When European states hold censuses, they don't ask you to fill in a box indicating your race or tribal association. When I check U.S. census results, they give me the percentages of Hispanics, Whites, Blacks, "Asians" (as if "Asians" all were of a common origin). If I lived in the U.S.A., I would most definitely feel challenged in my humanity by such probing, invasive queries. I feel it sometimes when I fill in an online questionnaire sent me by a U.S. company. It galls me that they give me no choice but to mention a race, whether the real one or an imaginary one.

There can be no healing if people continue feeling part of a separate subculture. They still can be patrt of one but it should not be made public.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.