Author: ceciliazhang

Why American Students Need Chinese Schools [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-2 01:01:33 |Display all floors
Hm... how much is 'an elite school' in P.R. China?  As much as I see articles like this from time to time around the world, I tend to chuckle at the lack of details that are provided.  Moreover, I am greatly amused when educators from around the world have the privilege to observe schools systems in Detroit, Chicago, and elsewhere - where the unspoken rule is 'Not to Make the Black Kids Angry.'
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-7 13:26:41 |Display all floors
  I'd hazard a view that America doesn't need Chinese schools at all. Yet if there is one thing that America can learn from the Chinese, grrrrr, I'd suggest, ahem,  is the need to put the kibosh on Fox News, which has been churning out rumors since its creation.  Or the American government could consider banning all the news outlets altogether in a bid to muzzle dissenting opinions

A better alternative would be to allow China's CCTV to be aired on  the last  TV channel left in America. You could call it a perfect way to attain" harmonization" since CCTV wouldn't like to give voice to the needy, let alone gadflies.

America is going to be a tranquil  place after that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time Yesterday 21:09 |Display all floors
chinatowns have chinese schools that teach chinese to chinese amerikans, but these chinese schools are run by the taiwan rejime, and they fly the republican flag. i havent heard of an alternative to these schools. in these roc run schools, students are unlikely to discover much about china other than its history from hundreds of years ago. students also wont be made aware of the positions of modern china. many of the teachers there have probably never set foot on mainland china. therefore, you can walk away from these chinese schools and not really know anything about new china. the internet frequently talks about mainland censorship, but there is simply alot that is being written out of the books in hk, and tw school books, and it gives hongers and taiwanese an incomplete image of what china is. when hongers and taiwanese emigrate to the west, they are given jobs at these schools precisely because they give distorted views of what china is, and continue the disinformation that they received back home. the previous generation was a little better because the west has seriously stepped up their disnformation campaign on china in the past 30yrs. so a teacher originally from the mainland, and educated in hk/tw during the 50s is going to be less biased against china than a honger or taiwanese educated in the 80s who would be todays teachers. taiwanese, and hongers dominate the overseas newspaper publications as well. im not even sure if mainland newspapers are even sold in amerika. at least ive never heard of them. even mainlanders who emigrate to the west are forced to read newspapers written by taiwanese. these newspapers are almost an exact translation of what western newspapers would write, and theres very little flexibility. their viewpoints reflect the eurocentric, far right, libertarian, decadent, inperialist attitudes of their masters. i assume the us rejime are setting up barriers or just disallowing mainland run schools, or publications. there are confucius institutes, but these arent open to the general public like the zhonghuagongsuo. your average amerikan isnt going to be able to attend hotchkiss, or the ivy league. amerikans, brits, and even japanese are allowed to open schools in china and teach whatever nonsense they want, i dont see why china shouldnt be able to preach their point of view the way they want

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.