Author: ceciliazhang

Why American Students Need Chinese Schools [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-27 09:43:39 |Display all floors
You miss the point. It's not about putting respect for teachers on par with doctors. In any case, doctors are not respectable in my book just for being doctors. The body has healing abilities that most doctors today ignore. There is healing in nature that is free.

My point was that, you need to respect all people as human beings, whether they be the garbage collector or your president.

Further, not all teachers are good teachers, nor do all of them deserve respect.

But you need to respect people as people

Good teachers impart knowledge and can help you in ways that cannot be measured. The good ones should be held in high esteem, but if you already treat people well, you don't treat good teachers any different. I think the difference is love. You respect all people, but you love some more than others.

If you get military men abusing the teachers, it is a different story from getting the students to abuse their own teachers. This says a lot about your society 40 years ago. It is really a concern for the future of Chinese civilization.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 09:44:16 |Display all floors
let's just say it's best that education suits kids ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 09:48:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by hello999 at 2017-9-27 09:53

The American system today is as messed up as it can get. It's about parents demanding that teachers give good grades nowadays.

I'm not impressed with the Chinese system, however, either. At most it is just okay, and in terms of academics only. At worst, they are turning out robots. But where the Chinese school system fails miserably, is in teaching people how to be good and how to live well. Hence, no matter how okay it is academically, it cannot be held as a model.

When good teachers are rare and the system is broken, self-education is the key. Learn independence.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-27 10:22:53 |Display all floors
hello999 Post time: 2017-9-27 09:48
The American system today is as messed up as it can get. It's about parents demanding that teachers  ...

I completely agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 10:24:50 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 10:26:07 |Display all floors
The American system today is as messed up as it can get. It's about parents demanding that teachers  ...

I completely agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 10:26:10 |Display all floors

I completely agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.