Author: SEARU

How to reform our education system? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-25 21:35:29 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-25 09:19
Have you tried to lay your hands on school textbooks published in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore ...

Sorry for that  I have no the original textbooks from those regions. But I have been swimming in the english-ocean for so many years with the Internet through which I could sense the advanced teaching materials and methods!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 22:02:20 |Display all floors
I always believe that kids are more clever than adults since the former‘s pure mind is more sensitive to what is going on around them. So we teachers should do our best to develop their  such potential ability and offer them more free space for growth!
-------------Don't  force them to do repeating job without any interest!   
I wish in future our education authority would allow teachers to have more rights on how to do the teaching job.  You may judge that Mr. Tom is successful if his students and parents are satisfied with his contribution.
--------It would be more meaningful to ask your pupil to make some remarks in their own words on the text than to copy it for excercise!

(This topic is really complicated that need countless words!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 22:10:59 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-9-25 21:24
But just now I have heard that a professor from the Peking university had sold his lectures throug ...

I'm talking about this phenomenon .. a lot of 'so-called' school just want money and don't care about education and they are gonna do this over and over again..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 22:28:48 |Display all floors
1. There are some good things about China's education system. Any reform should not throw the baby out with the bath-tub.

2. Start from the other end. What you want to produce.

3. To do that:

3-1 find out the trends of human skills deployment and future needs around the world;

3-2 figure out what type of educated people you want to produce;

3-3 understand there is a global war for talent and what you must do to win.

4. Work from end-targets backwards to what's needed to be done to achieve the end-targets.

5. Your conclusion will probably include the following:

5.1   teaching syllabus and material
5.2   teaching and motivation methods
5.3   modernization of the teachers and lecturers
5.4   learning aids and tools
5.5   making learning and taking exams fun and challenging
5.6   maintaining standards
5.7   helping close education gaps due to locations
5.8   identifying bright sparks to nurture by special programs
5.9   course counseling and career guidance
5.10 evaluating local and foreign courses and institutions
5.11 teaching creativity, critical thinking and perspective-forming
5.12 building conceptual skills, language fluency and high-impact communications

(i can go on but am typing this off the cuff)

Let's say you want to do the above.  What's the fastest way to get started?

You can start the ball rolling.  Then i will know how you think and figure out what can be done efficiently and effectively next.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 22:31:48 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-9-25 22:10
I'm talking about this phenomenon .. a lot of 'so-called' school just want money and don't care ab ...

I paid mere one dollar to my best teacher from whom I have benifit so much in the past three decades! ------------She is a red english-to-english dictionary!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 22:56:38 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-9-25 22:28
1. There are some good things about China's education system. Any reform should not throw the baby o ...

It is obvious that the globe would roll without ending!  Reforming is permanent topic as life goes on!

Your comment is really very professional and I will study it during dream this night!  ( Tomorrow I have to see doctor and now I leave off the line!   Sorry for that!  But I would keep eyes open on your reaction!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-26 10:06:09 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-9-25 21:35
Sorry for that  I have no the original textbooks from those regions. But I have been swimming in t ...

I do think you Chinese should first see what you have in common and what distinguishes you from one another. The textbooks in Hong Kong have been used for decades. Is the language contained in them more accurate? I tend to think the Chinese language can never be as sharp and succinct as the English language. You have to live with the limits that constrain the number of syllables and chracters. You could, of course, go the Japanese way and adopt loanwords in Roman script. If you ever go to Japan you will see lots of foreign words written in Roman letters in Japanese texts. Conversely speaking, the Chinese names for numbers are the most accurate and invariable. But even so the Chinese people are not pioneers in maths. They are good at memorizing mathematical formulae.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.