Views: 22453|Replies: 19

How to reform our education system? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-24 23:17:11 |Display all floors
In today‘s news program on the CCTV1, there was one important information:Our party and government will further carry out reform on the current education system!  This has driven me think a lot about what happened in China in the past.

The basic problem is that  Chinese students act as slaves on their business who have little interest and motivation with  lessons due to the poor teaching mood! ------------This phenomenon is as same as what you could see in agriculture sector before 1979!  ----------Farmers were organized as military troupes  who did the same job in the field like slave since their work efficiency was quite low! -------------Aftter 1980 every farmer was given one piece of field who could determine how to grow the crops. Then the peasants became the real master of their fate who work hard with high efficiency. The grain production has improved a lot. The agriculture reform proved success!

I visited one primary school where the children have less than eight-hour sleep; In day time, teachers lecture without stopping in the class while some of the pupils  become sleepy!  The students are so inactive with the poor teaching method!

We must make some change to let students become the real master of schooling!

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 07:02:49 |Display all floors
Please let me think in this way:
Any textbook seems like that special stone on which you make the knife of students‘ thinking ability sharp no matter how well the book was edited! So our education aim is to let kids become more clever on how to deal with problems. But in reality,the “stone"(textbook)is used too much and kids‘ knife is shrinking in size which has not become sharp since teachers have taken them as working machine instead of real education master! You have asked children to do too much the so-called homework that has wasted too many things! ’

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-25 09:18:24 |Display all floors

O think this is a cultural challenge: all Confucian societies subscribe to a very simplistic notion of what education is all about. They all enslave their young, making them bookworms in spite of themselves. When these young have completed their basic education, they ditch books and avoid them in future.

Only a very few among such a society pursue goals of higher education with a genuine interest and with results that match. Confucian societies condemn themselves to rote-learning. It is a waste of intelligence.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-25 09:19:05 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-9-25 07:02
Please let me think in this way:
Any textbook seems like that special stone on which you make the k ...

Have you tried to lay your hands on school textbooks published in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 19:35:47 |Display all floors
Commercialize college education definitely is not a good idea ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 21:15:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-25 09:18
O think this is a cultural challenge: all Confucian societies subscribe to a very simplistic notion ...

First thanks for your participation in the discussion and I believe that more reader-friends would come in that would be more active than the awful atmosphere of the average class in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 21:24:18 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-9-25 19:35
Commercialize college education definitely is not a good idea ..

But just now I have heard that a professor from the Peking university had sold his lectures through the Internet and become millionaire!
I think the upcoming education reform would mean more than money since teaching work determines the future of our nation!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.