Author: AmericanDream

My Dream as an American Minority [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-24 21:00:49 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-24 20:42
Yes, this was my intention, that we are born as tabula rasa, as blank slates, neither good nor bad ...

If every child was its parents' dream child there would be a lot more happy families, and  happy families would help reduce the social malaise, greed, crime. It is my take that a good many children are not loved enough byk their mother or by their parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 21:07:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-24 21:00
If every child was its parents' dream child there would be a lot more happy families, and  happy ...

I am sure you are right.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 22:47:11 |Display all floors
You will find your dreams...... on a deserted island far away. Unfortunately, I think things will get worse before they get better. But good luck and thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-26 01:39:41 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2017-9-25 22:47
You will find your dreams...... on a deserted island far away. Unfortunately, I think things will ge ...

Of course it will get worse.  Look who is at the helm.

Trump is the worst threat our country has ever faced.  He unites his base on things they hate and legitimizes that hate.  That's why they love him.  Normal politicians are very careful about the words they use as to not offend.  Trump is loved because he offends.

And divided we fall.

Trump didn't start it.  We were divided before Trump came along.  But Trump took those feelings of white frustration and legitimized them.  You don't have to be nice anymore.  You don't have to care about the feelings of others.  You don't have to watch the words you say.  - That is the message his 'base' has latched onto and it's working like a wrecking balls across the country.

There is a reason politicians are very careful in how they speak.  There is a good reason they do so to not upset and divide people.

There is no way we can unite as a nation under Trump.  Its not possible.

Divided we fall.  Sad.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-26 04:45:59 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2017-9-25 22:47
You will find your dreams...... on a deserted island far away. Unfortunately, I think things will ge ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-26 10:34:54 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-26 04:45

Out of curiosity: why did you choose your moniker, "American Minority"?

Do you represent one?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-26 11:27:21 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.